• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does CGC ever use glue for the corners of the holder?

2 posts in this topic

I've got a customer who recently purchased a CGC book from and wrote me back right after receiving the book asking if the case had been glued.

I had just received the book directly from CGC in a larger shipment less than one week before this sale. I'm the only one who touched it other than CGC and I know I did not mishandle nor apply glue anywhere.

I thought his question was a bit odd, therefore checked my other books from that order and I noticed that a few of them have that same look near the corners top and bottom as if some type of crazy glue was applied?....

I just need to know how to reply to my customer, is it glue that CGC sometimes uses? Is there some other substance this could be or melted plastic from the CGC encasement process.

I can post a few pictures from my own books as an example later this evening if you need to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for looking into my question.

-Phil McD

• Administrator

CGC does not use any adhesive substance (including glue) in the sealing of the CGC cases. The sealing of the cases is done under high pressure and may appear visibly different from case to case depending on the alignment and amount of pressure applied.