• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,117 posts in this topic

How does a Arnold Schwarzenegger book happen? Don't so many people have to have books being subbed for that opp?

Really curious how this happens. Since witnesses cannot sub for themselves how do books like this and the Lucas book happen?

How does a Arnold Schwarzenegger book happen? Don't so many people have to have books being subbed for that opp?

Really curious how this happens. Since witnesses cannot sub for themselves how do books like this and the Lucas book happen?

:whistle:

They happen the same way as any other SS books - with both a CAW and a facilitator being present for the signing.

Anymore information than that?

I see books signed by people that never attend cons, like George Lucasm Arnold, Meghan Fox, Ewan Mcgregor.

Do you have to set up a meeting with that actor directly and fly out a CAW to have the signing witnessed? If so why are their so few of these books. Wouldn't multiple get done at these signings?

I really am just curious how this all works.

They happen the same way as any other SS books - with both a CAW and a facilitator being present for the signing.

By the date of the Schwarzenegger book it happened at his book signing on Oct. 3rd in Ohio Signing Now add that with a CAW and a facilitator and mystery solved.

Most likely WonderCon or San Diego Comic Con.

I guess if that's it that's it.

I am just surprised to see so few of them available if they were signing at a big con like SDCC. The Arnold book recently posted was done on 10/3/2012.

I'm not trying to cry foul on anything here, or seem stupid about not knowing how the SS program works.

There's just something I'm missing I guess.

By the date of the Schwarzenegger book it happened at his book signing on Oct. 3rd in Ohio Signing Now add that with a CAW and a facilitator and mystery solved.

Maybe I'm just surprised that opps like that don't get more publicity I guess.

Because they aren't really opps. they are a wing and a prayer and a fervent hope that something, anything will get signed. The facilitator who puts it together has to pay all the CAW expenses himself being that it's only going to be a handful (max) that get done. So it's not something that's going to get a lot of pub beforehand because there's a good chance that nothing will get done.

I am sure for every book that's done there are plenty of times nothing gets done.

+1 and I meant that info as :foryou: not :sumo:

Because they aren't really opps. they are a wing and a prayer and a fervent hope that something, anything will get signed. The facilitator who puts it together has to pay all the CAW expenses himself being that it's only going to be a handful (max) that get done. So it's not something that's going to get a lot of pub beforehand because there's a good chance that nothing will get done.

I am sure for every book that's done there are plenty of times nothing gets done.

That's it in a nutshell. If someone is willing to take the risk and pay the costs, that's how a book like that can get done. Also, it's usually tied in with a convention in the same city. Sigs like that are a very risky endeavor. I have taken the risk many times and came away with nothing.

That's it in a nutshell. If someone is willing to take the risk and pay the costs, that's how a book like that can get done. Also, it's usually tied in with a convention in the same city. Sigs like that are a very risky endeavor. I have taken the risk many times and came away with nothing.

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I was looking for.

+1 and I meant that info as :foryou: not :sumo:

Haha I appreciate it. :foryou:

Some Walking Dead books from ECCC

Walking Dead 19 - Danai Gurira

2810D420-59EB-49BC-A4AB-CFBE64BDA799-15248-00000910961F1B8A_zpsdb7eed02.jpg

Walking Dead 101 - Danai Gurira

AE3B309D-BC83-4694-9F6E-87C7D03B7743-15248-000009102B32FD6F_zps192c29c5.jpg

Walking Dead ECCC - Danai Gurira and Michael Rooker on back

6210D36C-2E89-4425-B4FE-42AA3F5BA5AE-15248-000009104DC567A0_zps8e6125e9.jpg

B5B60A42-41EA-4496-885D-A2F12AE7C976-15248-000009106A73437D_zps3894d506.jpg

I did get the arrow cast on some green arrow blanks at wondercon but forgot to get a pic when I closed out.