• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FINAL PRICE DROP: Secrets Behind the Comics by Stan Lee (1947) CGC 7.5
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I had this for sale in a mixed ages thread but I'll post it here and see if it'll go. This is truly something you just don't see every day.

:takeit: rules. PM me with questions or to purchase anonymously.

Paypal preferred; checks must clear first.

Price includes shipping!

Secrets Behind the Comics (1947) by Stan Lee. nn

CGC 7.5 off-white to white pages

Highest CGC Graded Blue Label (there is an 8.0 graded yellow label)

PRICE: $550 PRICE DROP: $500 Shipped STILL FURTHER PRICE DROP: $475 shipped

:gossip: psst, seriously, that is a good price

PERFECT FOR STAN LEE SIG SERIES!!

Description:

Secrets Behind the Comics by Stan Lee (1947) was published by Famous Enterprises Inc. Written by Stan Lee with illustrations by Ken Bald. This book was published after Stan Lee wrote an article for Writer's Digest on the same subject matter. Though not the first book of its kind, Secrets Behind the Comics was a wonderful source of material to help inspiring young writers and artists to break into the comic book industry and has been reprinted and updated several times. Features a profile on Syd Shores and his creation the Blonde Phantom. It also includes profiles on Mike Sekowsky, Basil Wolverton, Al Jaffee and Martin Goodman. One of the gems of this book is a detailed description of how Captain America was created. 100 pages, B&W, card-stock paper, 5.5-in. x 8.5-in.

There is a string on the CGC case in the pic -- that's not a crack.

This is a unique bit of comics history that you don't see that often. There are very little sales data on GPA or elsewhere, but crappy copies have sold at auction and online for $200-$400. I've got this priced to sell.

Great candidate for Stan Lee sig series!!

4c0c8b96.jpg

dbf0e147.jpg

e9e26669.jpg

04da4dcf.jpg

Edited by Sharkey

20 hours ago, Bammoman said:

Did anything ever happen with this book mate? If not, I'm interested. (PS sorry for re-opening a 6yr old thread lol, just trying my luck)

Just heard from the seller. The book was sold a long time ago :foryou:

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Have you contacted the seller lately?  He is active and sells his books in Copper/Modern and Mixed threads. I don't think that he is aware of this. @Sharkey

Looks like the Watcher did me the favour of already checking, and he said it was sold a long time ago. So think this thread is good to officially be closed haha.. again, apologies for the resurrection peeps!

1 hour ago, Bammoman said:

Looks like the Watcher did me the favour of already checking, and he said it was sold a long time ago. So think this thread is good to officially be closed haha.. again, apologies for the resurrection peeps!

Thanks. I don't know why Sharky allowed this old thread going on while we have goofed up around but it is still hilarious here.