• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Having* OA Scanned.

12 posts in this topic

So I learned today that having a place like Kinko's scan original art is a problem. They won't do it unless you have "permission" from the artist. I also just now noticed on 11 x 17 board from Marvel (and I presume DC) there is a "do not reproduce" order, which to printing companies includes digital copies as well.

Prior to collecting art I had already bought a nice scanner for over $200, which unfortunately isn't big enough for 11 x 17. I just feel like it would be a waste to have to buy one big enough, likely costing hundreds of dollars.

So what alternatives are there? All I want to do is post quality images to CAF, and perhaps on this forum.

I've called Kinko's about this before. The one by me said I can scan it all myself and they'll give me the CD or I can bring a flash drive no questions asked, so not to worry about it.

I ran into an issue like that once. I told them this was art I own and I have to make a copy for insurance purposes. If you get loud enough they back down. Also, ask for a self-service machine or find a Kinkos/Staples that has one.

I ran into an issue like that once. I told them this was art I own and I have to make a copy for insurance purposes. If you get loud enough they back down. Also, ask for a self-service machine or find a Kinkos/Staples that has one.

I scanned this one below on a scanner much smaller than an 11x17. I scanned it in quarters, downloaded the Microsoft Image Composite Editor (it's free), and dragged the 4 partial images into the window to produce this. It's an 11x17 print.

TMNTDooney-Baltimore2011Print.jpg