• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Update

206 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I’m going to take some advice from my friend Foolkiller and give an update on the state of things here at CGC. I know there have been a lot of questions concerning turn around times; how we plan to combat them (are we even bothering?); have we hired graders (who is grading?) and more.

First – it is embarrassing for us to be this far behind for over a year. Everyone here at CGC wants to get turn around times under control. We (the Grading Team) are working until 7pm and on Saturdays to get as many books graded as possible.

Second – we have added new graders to the team. We have begun training Gemma as a grader and we have hired a gentleman named John Savage as a grader. John is a collector from Maine (lived in Louisiana too) and has relocated to Florida to grade for CGC. Both Gemma and John are picking things up fast and we are very excited to have them aboard. We also have asked former CGC grader Phil Kaltenbach to return to help out as well. Phil worked for us for a few years and was one of the graders who moved down to FL when CGC relocated from Jersey.

Finally – we have a very dedicated and hard working staff and as I mentioned before, we all want to get our turn around times in order. We are making headway, it may not seem like it, but we are. We have been thrown a few curveballs this past year or so and we have done a great job. Things are not perfect, but they will get better because of the quality of people we have at CGC.

I am doing this post as a drive-by – I won’t have time to continue a conversation here (I need to grade). I can always be reached at CGC (1-877-662-6642) or you can send me an email at plitch@cgccomics.com or just PM me here.

I am sure there are things I forgot to mention, but I am easy to get a hold of. Door is always open.

-Paul

As a big detractor of the turnaround times, let me just say, thanks for the update. Communication is key and there hasn't been a lot from CGC in the last year except when announcing new revenue streams. We all hope you get back on track as quickly as possible.

I need to petition Thirdgreenham to see if we can get extra points in a locked thread started by someone from CGC.

Carry on.

I need to petition Thirdgreenham to see if we can get extra points in a locked thread started by someone from CGC.

Carry on.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe you know the rest boyeeeeeeee!!!

Carry on.

And maybe my petition will include a clause to exclude any members under say...5'9" with blazing hair and a matching personality.

Carry on.

And maybe my petition will include a clause to exclude any members under say...5'9" with blazing hair and a matching personality.

:o

Carry on.

:o

You are ok for now. I think your hair brings you over the height requirement.

Fool killer gave excellent advice. Communication is key.

I know it's hard to believe that Transplant said something cogent and logical, but it wasn't Foolkiller who said that. :baiting:

Fool killer gave excellent advice. Communication is key.

I know it's hard to believe that Transplant said something cogent and logical, but it wasn't Foolkiller who said that. :baiting:

He was making two separate statements. Brian did give good advice.

And I'm always logical and cogent. Some of you saps just have hard time understanding big words and complete sentences. :baiting: