• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing Media Mail shipping labels through PayPal?

10 posts in this topic

I finally have a few shipments to go out which qualify (as far as anyone can tell these days) as Media Mail (hardcover comics-related books, text heavy in most cases, no ads). Unfortunately, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't print out MM labels via the USPS website--it only offers Priority and Express as non-flat rate options.

So...I dug around on-line and discovered that you can print USPS shipping labels through PayPal, including Media Mail...and not just for items purchased with PayPal.

Here's this link (you need to log in to your PP account first):

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

I finally have a few shipments to go out which qualify (as far as anyone can tell these days) as Media Mail (hardcover comics-related books, text heavy in most cases, no ads). Unfortunately, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't print out MM labels via the USPS website--it only offers Priority and Express as non-flat rate options.

So...I dug around on-line and discovered that you can print USPS shipping labels through PayPal, including Media Mail...and not just for items purchased with PayPal.

Here's this link (you need to log in to your PP account first):

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

I've done it, and it works fine for me. I even drop it off at the post office's package drop, without having to worry about the counter clerk giving me the Evil Eye trying to figure out if I'm screwing the system.

Yeah, I don't understand with the USPS site doesn't offer Media Mail as a selection (I forgot if they offered Parcel Post as an option either).

I've been using Pay Pal's multi-shipping for merchants page and it gives you the whole gamut of shipping options to select, plus you can pay for the postage directly from PP.

I use the first class and media mail functions in Paypal, and have had no problems.

I did not know you could use them even for people that haven't paid you through Paypal though. I guess I need to explore around in there a little more to figure how that works.

By the way, if you're actively involved in selling books, buy a good postal scale - it saves you a ton of time and money. And, saves your customers money. I got a really nice one for Christmas this year, and it is awesome - I can do some minimal monkeying with packing materials and ship stuff as cheap as possible.