• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANOTHER WARNING - djbrady4u is PGX's grader

190 posts in this topic

It seems even though this has been said many times, boardies are still getting burned by this guy.

Well, that didn't take PGX long to catch on to the Stevens game.

Ryan bought a 3-D Zone 16 under his djbrady4u Ebay account, which also included a Planet Comics #1.

Space Vixens/Planet Comics with Covers by Dave Stevens (April 4, 2012)

Submitting his prized book to the PGX basement climate-controlled grading center, Ryan discovered this was a 9.8 WP.

3-D ZONE #16 Space Vixens PGX 9.8 Dave Stevens ART Highest graded copy (May 10, 2012)

And VOILA - instant cash maker by selling it through the same account.

$(KGrHqN,!jME-eD9m)g2BPpKjFJOZg~~60_12.JPG

:applause:

And another example.

But this thread was also eye-opening. What a great way to make money by purchasing lower-grade CGC books, crack them out and "regrade" them, and then insert them in a PGX case with a different label.

former 8.5 cgc Avengers 4 now 9.6 pgx

If you are buying from that account in the hopes you will receive a book you can crack out and resubmit to CGC at a higher grade, you run the risk he did the opposite and won a lower grade CGC book and "submitted it" to PGX at a higher grade. This book may have already taken a trip down Sarasota Way, and doesn't need another vacation there.

:facepalm:

Wonder how he won that auction so cheap? Guess none of us were online that day...

I thought the same thing, and that is how I found the original listing. I was searching for Planet Comics 1, and wondered how I missed it. But then when I saw the buyer feedback from the seller and noticed the account, I knew I was going to see those books back up on Ebay soon enough. And surprise - up it came.

:eek:

:applause:

The shame is he took another board member for a ride, to the tune of $200.

:eek:

Who was it?

:shy:

That sucks. It seems like Oregon has more than its fair share of comic book cockroaches.

Great detective work, Bosco! :applause:

Thanks Mike.

And there is shilling going on, as his first auction of that 3-D Zone 16 "sold" for $99.

3-D Zone 16 PGX 9.8 no-sale - $99

Now he sells it again to a board member for $200 from the same account.

I'm not sure if that Planet Comics 1 ever popped up that came from the same lot. Maybe even that book doesn't match PGX's low high standards.

(shrug)

Great detective work, Bosco! :applause:

Thanks Mike.

And there is shilling going on, as his first auction of that 3-D Zone 16 "sold" for $99.

3-D Zone 16 PGX 9.8 no-sale - $99

Now he sells it again to a board member for $200 from the same account.

I'm not sure if that Planet Comics 1 ever popped up that came from the same lot. Maybe even that book doesn't match PGX's low high standards.

(shrug)

:foryou:

this is gettting old......time for someone to do something about it!

Yeahp...already did....I had a milkshake and watched CSI Miami while cracking out my last PGX slab.....

this is gettting old......time for someone to do something about it!

Yeahp...already did....I had a milkshake and watched CSI Miami while cracking out my last PGX slab.....

Funny, that's probably exactly what the PGX "graders" were doing when they graded/slabbed it.

How is it that the feds don't get involved in this BS? Isn't this just as bad if not worse than the fraud that happened with Mastro in the sports memorabilia indictment?