• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention 23rd & 24th Feb 2013

615 posts in this topic

Will 1,000 Pounds cover three nights of eats in London? (shrug)

No. London is much more expensive than Vancouver.

I beg to differ.

:wishluck:

:wishluck: :wishluck:

About the same I would say...

A 17oz steak in Goodmans (London) costs about the same as a 16oz steak in Hy's Encore. Making that comparison anyway.

All I know is Canada was alot more expensive in 2010 when I last went compared to the first time in 1998!

Anyways, Greggy, Joey, come over I'll buy you a pint (thumbs u

Greg, it's more than ample. :)

Maybe I should've added.. '£350 or so will only buy you a cone of jellied eels over here'. And  :baiting:

Sorry, guys.

I beg to differ.

A 17oz steak in Goodmans (London) costs about the same as a 16oz steak in Hy's Encore. Making that comparison anyway.

All I know is Canada was alot more expensive in 2010 when I last went compared to the first time in 1998!

Maybe I should've added.. '£350 or so will only buy you a cone of jellied eels over here'. And  :baiting:

Sorry, guys.

Looks like I will be packing some canned food and granola bars.

I beg to differ.

Sorry, guys.

Looks like I will be packing some canned food and granola bars.

Make sure you declare it at customs.

You'll definitely need the granola bars for the convention, anyway.

You could easily get a steak nearby for £15 or so. 10oz rib eye, that sort of thing.

The pub we met in for the con dinner is a good place to go.

I had lunch in there on the Saturday.

Failing that the Crowne Plaza does a good burger.

I wouldn't recommend any of the food outlets in the Excel centre! :eek:

£1000 is more than enough for 3 days of food in the UK

Lets say £5-10 for Breakfast, £5-10 for Lunch and £20-30 for Dinner

Bare in mind I haven't inluding Drinks in those prices but if you are pubbing it out everynight and having Wine for dinner then look to add another £30-50 on for Drinks all day and you're looking at a maximum of around £100 a day on food and Drink.

It could coast more depending where you eat but it certainly cost less (thumbs u

How's the customs line up at Heathrow?

I've never had a problem but then again I have never had anything much to declare when re-entering the country.

Gary always forgets to bring his suitcase back with him.

About another ten days until we get some guest announcements according to Mr Skoulides when I saw him on Sunday. :popcorn:

That's probably the first time the Greek has been called Mr Skoulides in public.

Tell him to move his arse.

About another ten days until we get some guest announcements according to Mr Skoulides when I saw him on Sunday. :popcorn:

That's probably the first time the Greek has been called Mr Skoulides in public.

Don't say his name 3 times while staring into a mirror.....

I've met him before. I can take him in an all out brawl. :sumo:

Don't say his name 3 times while staring into a mirror.....

I've met him before. I can take him in an all out brawl. :sumo:

We can arrange it if you want... lol

I am so excited, I got the last place on George Perez Pre-Convention sketch list yesterday :banana::banana::banana:

The op was only open for less than 12 hours as his list for his entire convention season got full almost instantaneously :)

In fact he got so many requests via Facebook, Facebook almost shut his account down for being a spammer lol

I am so excited, I got the last place on George Perez Pre-Convention sketch list yesterday :banana::banana::banana:

The op was only open for less than 12 hours as his list for his entire convention season got full almost instantaneously :)

In fact he got so many requests via Facebook, Facebook almost shut his account down for being a spammer lol

How the F did I miss that???

I was just thinking this morning about seeing if I could get a JP sketch of Phoenix to go with the eBas ones I picked up last Feb.

AAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH

I really need to look into this "Facebook" a little more. The only creator I actually follow is eBas (Just so i can look at boobies whilst pretending to converse with imaginary friends)