• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

I sent in five Modern books for Fast Track that got received on 9/15 and they still haven’t been graded. 

It looks like others who didn’t have Fast Track and had their books received on that day already have had their books graded. Is it normal for Fast Track to be slower than not Fast Track?

Edited by Noah Koessel

19 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

5x Modern (no addl services)

Delivered: 9/11
CGC Rcvd: 9/15
CGC Charged: 9/24
SFG: 10/8
Grading/QC: 10/22
F/I/S: 10/25

Other than longest wait between SFG and Grading/QC, one interesting point to note...F/I/S date is what I've recorded from checking for status changes multiple times a day. So for me, it updated this morning. But the portal claims "Shipped 10/23." When I check tracking info, it is NOT in the hands of shipper. So it appears to me that my date tracking is accurate, my books are slabbed and packaged with shipping info sent off, but not yet "shipped." I don't know why they've back dated the shipping time, but that seems a bit...hinky. 

Good luck on everyone's TATs. It'll only get worse when they get that big multi-artist signing event going lol

They didn't "back date" the shipping time. It means your books will be shipped today, 10/23. 

30 minutes ago, Noah Koessel said:

I sent in five Modern books for Fast Track that got received on 9/15 and they still haven’t been graded. 

It looks like others who didn’t have Fast Track and had their books received on that day already have had their books graded. Is it normal for Fast Track to be slower than not Fast Track?

I would call and check.

45 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

5x Modern (no addl services)

Delivered: 9/11
CGC Rcvd: 9/15
CGC Charged: 9/24
SFG: 10/8
Grading/QC: 10/22
F/I/S: 10/25

Other than longest wait between SFG and Grading/QC, one interesting point to note...F/I/S date is what I've recorded from checking for status changes multiple times a day. So for me, it updated this morning. But the portal claims "Shipped 10/23." When I check tracking info, it is NOT in the hands of shipper. So it appears to me that my date tracking is accurate, my books are slabbed and packaged with shipping info sent off, but not yet "shipped." I don't know why they've back dated the shipping time, but that seems a bit...hinky. 

Good luck on everyone's TATs. It'll only get worse when they get that big multi-artist signing event going lol

Every other day it seems I'm getting CGC's emails about signing events. I think its cool for the fact that covid has shutdown in-person events and this is a great service for those fans of signatures, but...boy, I just think of the current TATs on all tiers going by the wayside. Moderns just went from 40 to 44 BUSINESS days. That's almost another week added and the time from delivered to received (when the clock actually starts) seems to be getting stretched. At this point also, fast track doesn't have its appeal anymore. I might have to wait for the deluge of signings and upcoming holiday slowdowns to subside before submitting another batch. At least it'll help balance out the wallet come holiday spending.

2 minutes ago, comixry said:

Every other day it seems I'm getting CGC's emails about signing events. I think its cool for the fact that covid has shutdown in-person events and this is a great service for those fans of signatures, but...boy, I just think of the current TATs on all tiers going by the wayside. Moderns just went from 40 to 44 BUSINESS days. That's almost another week added and the time from delivered to received (when the clock actually starts) seems to be getting stretched. At this point also, fast track doesn't have its appeal anymore. I might have to wait for the deluge of signings and upcoming holiday slowdowns to subside before submitting another batch. At least it'll help balance out the wallet come holiday spending.

Perhaps "Fast Track" should be renamed "Slow Track" and "Slow Track" renamed "Sit Down and Wait."

4 minutes ago, comixry said:

In addition to that, pressing for modern slow track just went up from 64 to 70 days. My batch has been at the cusp of getting pressed, but can't keep up with the increased turn around times. :frustrated:

12 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I would call and check.

I called. Customer service rep told me turnaround times weren’t guaranteed. They also asked for the submission number of the ones with the dates I was looking at on here for comparison, which I clearly don’t have. They also told me my books were in encapsulation, despite it saying Scheduled for Grading on my end online, so maybe that’s a technical glitch or error?

1 minute ago, Noah Koessel said:

I called. Customer service rep told me turnaround times weren’t guaranteed. They also asked for the submission number of the ones with the dates I was looking at on here for comparison, which I clearly don’t have. They also told me my books were in encapsulation, despite it saying Scheduled for Grading on my end online, so maybe that’s a technical glitch or error?

Yeah, I've had similar issues with books already having been pressed for weeks, but not being officially received by CGC. I will say that in those cases CGC was able to expedite the grading part.

3 hours ago, comixry said:

I just checked the TAT"s and Moderns went down to 35 days and Value went down from 60 to 55 days.

37 minutes ago, Noah Koessel said:

Fast Track Modern 5 Books. 

Received 9/15 

Grading/Quality Control 10/23

Really unhappy with how long this took compared to non-Fast Track Books. I don’t think I’ll ever pay for Fast Track again—it seems pointless. 

I think fast track will "get back on track" once all these in-house signings are done or peter out a bit. When that is? That's the question.

2 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

I just checked the TAT"s and Moderns went down to 35 days and Value went down from 60 to 55 days.

I don't think I've ever seen the swings in TATs go up and down that much in a few days. That's good news...for now.

Has anyone looked at "Fast Track" TAT's recently?  The general idea was that for the extra $10  a book, TAT's were reduced by about 1/2. As of looking today, TAT's are reduced by about 20%. eight or nine business days, less than two calendar weeks. 

I can't do anything about the FT books already sent in, but I WILL NOT pay extra going forward to have TAT's reduced from 11 weeks to 9 (Value tier example).  There is no financial value with that time difference and it's almost insulting that CGC thinks anyone would pay for such. 

Edited by Tony S