• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellboy 3 may become a reality
1 1

113 posts in this topic

:cry:

Guillermo del Toro Reveals Hellboy 3 Plot, But Doesn't Think It Will Get Made

Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.

Sony. But because it does not view the franchise as a money generator.

:cry:

Guillermo del Toro Reveals Hellboy 3 Plot, But Doesn't Think It Will Get Made

Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.

Sony. But because it does not view the franchise as a money generator.

Then why did they okay a movie to begin with?

Ron Perlman on ‘Hellboy 3′: We Owe Fans a Finale

The discussion has now overtaken me rather than me overtaking the discussion. And here I am in Monte Carlo, working on my suntan, and people are still asking me about ‘Hellboy 3,’ so I guess it’s still news. But I’ll tell you the same thing I’ve been telling everyone else, the ‘Hellboy’ saga was meant to have a beginning, a middle and an end, and that, if you were loyal enough to us where you came and watched both those two movies that we made, we owe you a resolve.

And there will come a time where he will have to live up to his destiny, which is to be the beast of the apocalypse, or if he has to suppress that destiny by sacrificing himself in some way so as to not destroy mankind but do the opposite. And that’s the discussion of the third film; I think it’s a discussion worth having, and I think it’s something we owe the fans and I’m being very clear about that with [everyone].

I've always though the first movie (especially the Director's Cut) was a done-in-one movie. The three acts arced everyone's character suffiently. No doors were really left open for a follow-up as no mytholgy was left unresolved, like for instant Star Wars, which was essentially another done-in-one movie, but laid too muck backstory down, so that a sequel could actually expand it's universe ever so slightly. The Golden Army, basically a good follow-up decided to say this... "Wait, wait! We could go in this direction" and left the door open, but the audiences obviously felt it was a rehash and didn't want to continue the journey with the character. The same argument could be made for the Blade movies.

The way I'm seeing all this is Perlman wants to do this to better sell this series a trilogy "Box Set" (not sure if anyone buys box sets anymore? lol ). Another movie will also help sell the other two better. I figure if he's such a billionaire, just finance it himself, if it's such a "hot" property.

I friggin' dare him. :baiting:

Ron Perlman Wants To Make ‘Hellboy III’…Now! – Comic Con

Ron Perlman sent out a tweet a month ago that created a fury on social media about the possibility of Hellboy III. He acknowledged the storm he created at this morning’s Comic-Con panel for the Amazon series Hand Of God Amazon. “If there’s a real honesty to fan-culture relationships, we owe the world the finale of Hellboy,” he said. “We set up the whole film. It’s a deal we made (with fans). I don’t want to do Hellboy IV or V. I want to finish the f*cking trilogy!”

Rob Csiki's fantastic artwork has been featured a number of times on this site already - many of you may remember his excellent Ant-Man fan poster (which arguably trumped most of Marvel's marketing for the movie). He's now turned his attention to Hellboy III, which has been in the news ever since franchise star Ron Perlman expressed his desire to complete Guillermo del Toro's critically acclaimed Hellboy trilogy.

CF5MPtD.jpg

If Pacific Rim 2 Is A Hit, Hellboy 3 Might Get Greenlight

The Daily Beast reports: "Legendary told Del Toro they might throw down for Hellboy 3 if he makes his next film, the mech-kaiju sequel Pacific Rim 2, a hit."

Guillermo expects Hellboy 3 to cost "$120 million" and with a sizable like that he confessed to Daily Beast that "nobody knocking down our doors to give it to us." He added with a chuckle, "It’s a little beyond Kickstarter."

:wishluck:

If Pacific Rim 2 Is A Hit, Hellboy 3 Might Get Greenlight

The Daily Beast reports: "Legendary told Del Toro they might throw down for Hellboy 3 if he makes his next film, the mech-kaiju sequel Pacific Rim 2, a hit."

Guillermo expects Hellboy 3 to cost "$120 million" and with a sizable like that he confessed to Daily Beast that "nobody knocking down our doors to give it to us." He added with a chuckle, "It’s a little beyond Kickstarter."

:wishluck:

Keyword *Might* :/

While waiting for a studio decision, JoBlo provides a reminder why Hellboy III is a production fans should demand.

JoBlo Look Back: Hellboy II: The Golden Army

With the Golden Army defeated, Hellboy and his team of supernatural super-heroes exited the box office with a world-wide total of $160,388,063! Percentage wise, 47.4% ($75,986,503) of the film's gross hailed from theaters located in the Unites States and Canada, while 52.6% ($84,401,560) was gained from the foreign market. Considering that Hellboy is a Dark Horse Comics property, and not a cog in the money-making-machine that is Disney's Marvel, it's grand total is quite impressive when compared to its $85 million dollar budget. There's also a lot to be said for the way in which this film was received by fans of the series.

elfking76.jpg

makeup33.jpg

hellboymain54.jpg

Ron Perlman Doesn't Want To Make Hellboy 3 But He’ll Do It Anyway

After a TCA panel for his Amazon series Hand of God, Perlman clarified to reporters why he’s pushing so hard.

“Let me make the record clear,” Perlman said. “I don’t want to do Hellboy 3. It’s a pain in the to put that makeup on and take it off. But I feel we’re obligated to finish the story. That’s it. End of conversation.”

“I got no problems with forcing the conversation, as you can tell,” Perlman said. “We’re in the business of moving mountains. Those of us who are used to working in mainstream film and television. Don’t come to me with details and problems. Just tell me how we move the mountain.”

:o

(worship)

Ron Perlman Reveals Hellboy 3 Plot Details

Ron Perlman’s Hellboy III campaign continues with a stop at the Empire Magazine Movie Podcast, where he revealed new plot details about Guillermo del Toro’s plans for the trilogy’s finale.

Even though Perlman doesn’t relish the idea of going through all the makeup and prosthesis work again, he still wants to see the story finished.

"I really feel as though I'm done with the character. I don't have a burning desire to put that sh*t on again. But Guillermo told me what the resolve of the trilogy would look like, in broad strokes, and it's such an amazingly theatrical, cinematic idea, that I found it essential that we do it. We were designed to be a trilogy, with a beginning, a middle and an end. We've only done two-thirds, so I feel that we're not really done until we finish it."

Ron Perlman: 9:20 to 29:11