• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Have to Be Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32747&item=2256236018&rd=1

Giant Size X-Men 1 CGC 9.8

Read the description -- Can not wait to hear some of you chime in on this -- sounds a bit too much like Jason's also --

Doesn't just sound like its, its copied verbatim =p Not sure why this book is already up past 2 times Jason's book.

Now its time to harass them via email.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32747&item=2256236018&rd=1

Giant Size X-Men 1 CGC 9.8

Read the description -- Can not wait to hear some of you chime in on this -- sounds a bit too much like Jason's also --

Doesn't just sound like its, its copied verbatim =p Not sure why this book is already up past 2 times Jason's book.

Now its time to harass them via email.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Since all Ebay cares about is the fees they are making, they dont police their site, and the end result is BS like this happening on a daily basis mad.gif

My email to scammer :

Curious, your X-men 9.8 has EXACTLY the same description as the other X-men 9.8 up. If you are going to scam, at least be creative about it. Jesus.

Scammer's email in return :

is ot a scan... its called being lazy....lol... i couldnt think about what to put up there man...

My email to scammer :

Curious, your X-men 9.8 has EXACTLY the same description as the other X-men 9.8 up. If you are going to scam, at least be creative about it. Jesus.

Scammer's email in return :

is ot a scan... its called being lazy....lol... i couldnt think about what to put up there man...

Unreal -- the true tip off was all of the words that were not spelled correctly in the description -- that is one of the most comprehensive and articulate responses one could expect from a $14K auction

Back cover scan of Superman #1 still has the Heritage logo. foreheadslap.gif

Not to mention he has TWO of them for sale -- too bad there were not more attics like this one!!!!!!

And they both have Extensive restoration shocked.gif

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sagli2004&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Apparently he has 2 copies of Amazing Spider-man 1, both 5.5 grade, and 2 copies of Superman 1, both apparent 5.5 grade with Extensive professional restoration. Wow, Grandpa sure had weird collecting habits! makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Figured asking for the serial number after telling him he was full of it would have just been ignored. I asked for a close up of the book "cause I'm thinking about buying it."

i do not have an ebay user id -- anyone else email the seller asking for serial #'s or anything??

He'd be too stoned to reply, I'd imagine. He was too far gone to notice he'd put the fake Spidey 1 and Superman 1 auctions up twice, and now one of each has been shilled ridiculously high, while the other has yet to get anywhere.