• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

The book is selling for waaaaaaaaaay too much money.

I had the first on the census and I sold it for $85 graded to my #1 ASM subscriber right when it came out.

I've seen the book all year long at cons.

I think people are doing a good job of artificially inflating the price on eBay.

Come to think of it I think I have a raw copy laying around somewhere.

lol

And now, we've gone from "waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much" to simply "crazy money":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASM-Amazing-Spider-man-678-1-50-Venom-Variant-CGC-SS-9-8-Stan-Lee-1-1-/160888133279?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2575ae169f&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101

K.

I had the first on the census and I sold it for $85 graded to my #1 ASM subscriber right when it came out.

I think people are doing a good job of artificially inflating the price on eBay.

lol

And now, we've gone from "waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much" to simply "crazy money":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASM-Amazing-Spider-man-678-1-50-Venom-Variant-CGC-SS-9-8-Stan-Lee-1-1-/160888133279?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2575ae169f&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101

K.

lol

Why buy a Walking Dead 1 in CGC 9.9 when you can buy that. Jesus Christ. Looks like he got lucky also getting a 9.8 since his other two newly listed books are 9.6

Yikes, anybody know if it's a boardie?

lol

K.

lol

Why buy a Walking Dead 1 in CGC 9.9 when you can buy that. Jesus Christ. Looks like he got lucky also getting a 9.8 since his other two newly listed books are 9.6

That is crazy- I wonder if they could get anything close to that.

I doubt it. I think the $1000 sale was to someone who really, really wanted it. I don't think many collectors would jump onboard to grab one at that price again. But that's just my opinion.

K.

lol

ERM, his auction has the same font and text from the $1000 one linked here, and the way he quotes the CGC census looks like how i posted it.

if not a boardie, maybe a lurker who saw it was time to sell??

I agree 100% with him going for it though. Might as well try while the $1000 sale is still in the time window Ebay lets you see. Obviously he wont get his asking price, but I am sure he'll get some huge Best Offers.

, please post once you sell it ;) >

lol

K.

:o :o :o :o :o

Now that is freaking crazy! I always liked that cover, but damn! Those prices are just insane...

I have one of the other 9.8's. I actually had 2 of the 9.8's but sold one to a boardie here about a month ago.

Since I have a goal to complete my ASM run including all variants, part of me wants to keep it. However, not including variants, I am only about 20 ASM issues away from having a full core run, and i could sell this to fill in those gaps.

I've looked at my 9.8 over and over and dont see a spine tick that jumps out, but the one i sold to a boardie does in fact have a couple noticable. My guess is that between the low run number we think this had, I also think many shops just tossed them on the shelves carelessly, causing slight damage to them.

This the one i currently have:

asm678.jpg

This is the one i sold to a boardie:

asmfront.jpg

I have one of the other 9.8's. I actually had 2 of the 9.8's but sold one to a boardie here about a month ago.

Since I have a goal to complete my ASM run including all variants, part of me wants to keep it. However, not including variants, I am only about 20 ASM issues away from having a full core run, and i could sell this to fill in those gaps.

I've looked at my 9.8 over and over and dont see a spine tick that jumps out, but the one i sold to a boardie does in fact have a couple noticable. My guess is that between the low run number we think this had, I also think many shops just tossed them on the shelves carelessly, causing slight damage to them.

This the one i currently have:

asm678.jpg

This is the one i sold to a boardie:

asmfront.jpg

Is ur copy for sale? :baiting:

K.

Is ur copy for sale? :baiting:

K.

I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to wait out the current SS auction to see what happens. My thought is having a complete run of the core ASM is more important (valuable?) then hanging on to this one modern variant.

I tend to agree. Is ur collection in the Registry? Having a full modern run should be shown off :)

K.

He might not have a full run cgc'd, just a full run.

EDIT:

He also might be 55 seconds faster than me in pointing it out lol

Edited by CBT

Have to say - that is one book I would own,just for the cover and the delicious reference to days gone by.