• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Hado said:

My comment on this topic was made Tuesday March 7 at 12:44 pm.

RMA/Organic Squishee commented on the other board on March 8th.

Apology accepted.

Yes and that's the first time he's ever said anything about the topic.

I appreciate you accepting my apology as sincerely as I gave it :)

1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

Chances are anyone attempting to call eBay with the intent to inform would just end up on a sales call they never asked for.

Quit asking me eBay, I don't want your stupid credit card.

Apparently if you're not informing, it's the same as condoning...:screwy:

-and, jaywalking is the same as mass murder.  You cant be a 'little bit' of a lawbreaker.  It's all or none.

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

What mj says on the cover is my thought towards the buyer spending that $ but I guess to each his own and only time will tell.

Indeed. "Time will tell" about everything won't it. 

In the meantime, it has been telling about VenoMJ for over five years now.  (thumbsu

And speaking of time, you're right, I bet the buyer of this 9.6 copy is kicking himself for not grabbing the one for  $2k that sold just a week and a half earlier: :whatthe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-678-Super-Rare-Venom-Variant-CGC-9-6-/152522260900?hash=item23830901a4:g:FuoAAOSwj85YNwff

-J.

If you can't afford 2500 dollars for this comic you could always get the new venomized  mary jane on venom 150 variant by francesco mattina for 30 bucks instead. Imo better art :p and you save 2470 dollars. 

This is why I personally wouldn't pay that much for any comic that lives mainly off of its cover....better art same concept may hurt it's value. 

Edited by jason4

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

The Mattina is certainly nice.  And this cover has certainly been homaged, imitated and reprinted on numerous occasions already   

But most collectors prefer the original of something. (thumbsu

-J. 

Yea...that's why I got a nice copy of spiderman 42 for my collection.

I do like 678 ... just too scared to spend like that on a modern. 

16 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Yea, I posted that over in the Most Valuable thread. It was relisted from a previous auction that hit $3,550 but didn't meet the reserve.

On 6/1/2017 at 11:16 AM, ygogolak said:

Yea, I posted that over in the Most Valuable thread. It was relisted from a previous auction that hit $3,550 but didn't meet the reserve.

On 5/31/2017 at 6:29 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

On 6/1/2017 at 11:30 AM, Lethal_Collector said:

Woah  :screwy: 

Jerome

Ha, exact same ending as last time. I don't think the 8:30 PM Eastern on a Friday did them any favors.

Just realized that is the SS Slott. Isn't that a boardies?