• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hey, Hicks. Man, you look just like I feel." - The Aliens Journal

116 posts in this topic

btw. i've installed LED bulbs in my comic book stash recently just to be sure there is no UV light emitted.

Any thoughts about what is the best solution these days? LED vs.incandescent light?

...so how my first CGC submission turned out? Not bad at all...since im not so skilled grader yet i was expecting worst possible scenario...and well im pretty happy at the end...Colonial Marines promo comic 9.8 and AVPVT #3 9.6 which is still highest grade in census...

cgc_01.jpg

You have a beautiful set of books.

Here are a couple of mine (Already in the Aliens thread in copper, but what the h3ll, l love to show them off)

DHP_Aliens_1_A.jpg

Vol_2_004a.jpg

The book 2 covers by Denis Beauvais are my favourite from the copper age

I've got a set of Earth War's and Genocides which will be heading to Sarasota in the new year.

:wishluck:

Stryfe1000: Thanks for sharing...great books. Your Bisley SS is awesome.

I've recently got Aliens Vol.2 #1 9.8 (still somewhere on its way here) i love these early series.

Covers are best from all aliens books...not mentoining great back covers with sliced alien queen.

My DHP aliens regular edition is in CGC right now, i hope to get 9.8 but im not 100% sure about it.

Dont know if there is real need to have regular edition since i have platinum already...but its needed for finishing my set...so why not :)

btw. can you point me to that Aliens thread? i cant find it for some reason...

This gave me an idea about little inquiry.

Write your three most favorite covers of Aliens series ... (whole series or single issues)

Here are my favorites:

1 - Aliens Vol.2

2 - Aliens: Berserker

3 - Aliens: Purge

Stryfe1000: Thanks for sharing...great books. Your Bisley SS is awesome.

I've recently got Aliens Vol.2 #1 9.8 (still somewhere on its way here) i love these early series.

Covers are best from all aliens books...not mentoining great back covers with sliced alien queen.

My DHP aliens regular edition is in CGC right now, i hope to get 9.8 but im not 100% sure about it.

Dont know if there is real need to have regular edition since i have platinum already...but its needed for finishing my set...so why not :)

Here you go. - It's been a little quite in the last few months (Probably because only about 6 of us ever visit Copper :(

LINKY

Write your three most favorite covers of Aliens series ... (whole series or single issues)

Here are my favorites:

1 - Aliens Vol.2

1 = Vol 2.

2 = Earth War

3 = Genocide (Especially #1)

Here are my favorites:

1 - Aliens Vol.2

1 = Vol 2.

2 = Earth War

...Bolton's and Suydam's works are timeless

Here are my favorites:

1 - Aliens Vol.2

1 = Vol 2.

2 = Earth War

...Bolton's and Suydam's works are timeless

Couldn't agree more. I've got a few of sets of Genocide but I'm not confident that there is a full set of 9.8's amongst them. For some reason, I always find Dark Horse's 1990's cover stock really hard to grade.

I'll probably just bide my time and see if any graded copies come up at a reasonable price.

BTW, have you thought about posting your books in the "Back from CGC" thread in modern? There aren't many people who visit the journals (But probably more than in Copper :( ) and I'm sure plenty would love to see these.

One more thing you guys might enjoy to see...

I always wanted some original movie prop from one of Alien movies...and i love Alien 3.

(which i find to be really underrated and misunderstood movie...especialy if you look at assembly cut)

So couple of weeks ago i decided to buy these:

Charles S. Dutton's (Dillosn's) glasses

charles-s-dutton.jpg

Aliens3-Glasses1.jpg

Here you go. - It's been a little quite in the last few months (Probably because only about 6 of us ever visit Copper :(

LINKY

Another ALIENS thread.

I looked at buying Rich's signed Earth Wars earlier this month, but was a little put off by Carrie Henn's sig's on them. I'm not too keen on actor sigs on my books.

That said, I'd make exceptions for Weaver, Beihn and Henrickson on an Aliens book

Btw. this is one thing (along with shipping prices) which makes comic collecting in europe so hard.

There is so many conventions and events in US where you can get your books signed ... being from europe kinda sucks when it comes to this. So for me the only way how to get my hands on signed comics is to buy SS series or make expensive trip to some big US con ... but still my love for comics and movies is exceeding all the negatives.

Is anybody here from europe

i guess not but i had to ask :)

Just skimming back through the thread and spotted this one.

I'm from the UK.

As for it sucking being this side of the Atlantic, all I can say is LSCC was awesome earlier this year and is looking like being just as good again in February.

Bisley is bound to be there again if you fancy getting a regular DHP Aliens signed.

It's a short and relatively inexpensive flight from Schiphol to Heathrow. There are plenty of British boardies (As well as other Europeans) who will definately be there and at the prolongued drinking session on the Saturday evening.

LINKY

Another ALIENS thread.

I looked at buying Rich's signed Earth Wars earlier this month, but was a little put off by Carrie Henn's sig's on them. I'm not too keen on actor sigs on my books.

That said, I'd make exceptions for Weaver, Beihn and Henrickson on an Aliens book

Why not Henn? Newt was one of best characters in Aliens...shame about what hapened to her in Alien 3 but it fits nihilism of whole franchise...

Btw. this is one thing (along with shipping prices) which makes comic collecting in europe so hard.

There is so many conventions and events in US where you can get your books signed ... being from europe kinda sucks when it comes to this. So for me the only way how to get my hands on signed comics is to buy SS series or make expensive trip to some big US con ... but still my love for comics and movies is exceeding all the negatives.

Is anybody here from europe

i guess not but i had to ask :)

Just skimming back through the thread and spotted this one.

I'm from the UK.

As for it sucking being this side of the Atlantic, all I can say is LSCC was awesome earlier this year and is looking like being just as good again in February.

Bisley is bound to be there again if you fancy getting a regular DHP Aliens signed.

It's a short and relatively inexpensive flight from Schiphol to Heathrow. There are plenty of British boardies (As well as other Europeans) who will definately be there and at the prolongued drinking session on the Saturday evening.

That sounds great, im actually heading to London in January to deal with some work stuff so i definitely be at LSCC as well...