• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Stolen books. Fantastic Four #5 CGC 8.0/ Avengers #4 CGC 9.2

72 posts in this topic

If Worldwide was at the same con, chances are the perpetrators may have passed in front of their cameras.

Perhaps dealers can share memories of any people they didn't recognize who asked about expensive slabs.

Unsure of the setup.

What do you mean stolen outside the booth? If its not being held by someone why would the comic not be in the booth?

Again, I don't know how things are usually setup there as I have never been to a con.

Think of the booth as a square, with employees inside and customers outside. Occasionally, customers are invited inside to get a closer look at wall books. Greg's books were stolen by someone outside of the booth, not inside.

Wow sorry to hear that. That's terrible. I'd be pissed over someone stealing a $100 book from me let alone something worth thousands.

Just wondering, but was it stolen during the transportation of the items into or out of the show, or during the show?

Stolen during show hours. There were 3 thefts (that we know of), from 3 different vendors. All were stolen from outside the booth and it's likely , in addition to an accomplice, they may have had a tool of some kind as one book was on the top row of a vendors booth. We will have a radically different set of security/booth layout beginning in NY and beyond.

With the amount of UC, private security and uniformed police presence at NYCC, someone has to be an absolute fool to even try taking something.

I mean, even one of the ESU trucks stopped by last year.

Sorry to hear Greg. Hope this doesn't deter you from future Mid Ohio Con's. I've bought a few books from you each of the last two years and would hate to see you missing from next years show!

Hope they catch this/these arse-holes.

Just saw this...very sorry this happened; will alert the LCSs I frequent here ASAP tomorrow...hope the punk(s) get nabbed...

Other than the bad circumstance, it was a pleasure meeting you at the con...

Terrible news.

These thieves will probably crack open the cases and resubmit them to CGC to get different certification numbers. Or perhaps sell them raw on eBay.

Time for all vendors to invest in closed circuit survellience systems to deter aholes like these from doing it.

despite the good WWComics set up they still had stuff stolen from them (Whiz 2( 1) , I think it was caught on video but then getting from there to indentifing them, to getting someone interested in the crime, to tracking them and the books down, to prosecuting . . . . a big ball of suck with loads of frustration heaped

sorry to hear this Greg