• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

Your reservation was successful!

Your receipt is available for viewing and printing using the links below.

Thank you for your purchase! We're looking forward to seeing you at New York Comic Con October 10-13, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York, NY.

Now to find me a nice hotel (that doesn't cost me a fortune!)

You and me both lol

Flights booked :headbang:

Found a well priced hotel? All I can find is bloody expensive!

Same, I am now looking into few other options.

Thank you for your purchase! We're looking forward to seeing you at New York Comic Con October 10-13, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York, NY.

You and me both lol

I may look to book in NJ since I will have wheels (rooms are like $90 instead of $240) but parking may be a new issue. Any New Yorkers care to shed some light on the above plan? Will there be parking close by and if so what are the daily rates.

You and me both lol

I may look to book in NJ since I will have wheels (rooms are like $90 instead of $240) but parking may be a new issue. Any New Yorkers care to shed some light on the above plan? Will there be parking close by and if so what are the daily rates.

I was thinking about staying in either Jersey or somewhere like Long island city and travelling in. It is a lot cheaper but travelling could be a pain.

You and me both lol

From the NYCC website.

"Where Is The Closest Parking Garage?

There is no on-site parking at the Javits Center. However, there are many parking garages in the vicinity. The average price for parking is between $30-$50 a day and is subject to change depending on the Center's activity. Check our site nearby parking garages and directions on how to get to the Center by car or truck."

Keep in mind that you may be charged more than $50 per day for parking during the convention. You may as well sleep in your car for that price.

Local hotels are $350 a night and up. I noticed some boardies are afraid of airbnb, where bargain accommodations can be found.

I live in NYC. If you can avoid driving then avoid it. Traffic will be a pain and so will parking unless you arrive HOURS before the show starts. Train Is always the best bet

If you live in NYC, just walk :)

I went to NYC on a bus that stopped at 42nd & 8th Ave and walked all the way to the Metropolitan Museum and back :D

Another time I walked from the bus station to the ShoHo, then walked all the way up to Madison Ave and then back tot he bus station, I probably could walk across country :P

Hi guy's

New to the threads got my 4day pass im so hyped went for the first time last year with a friend l

Unfortunately he caint go this year due to family issues I think the trip is better with a friend

But anyway hope its a great show

And what do you guys think about

Newyork wizard con

And there are tons of trains around I suggest looking for a hotel

In Brooklyn about 30 away minutes by train and half the price