• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel 1 or Action 1?

Which would you rather have?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have?

54 posts in this topic

Let's see, the first superhero comic that went on to redefine funny books or another early/important superhero book that defined nothing? First appearance of Superman, a cultural icon of Americana or first appearances of Sub-Mariner and the original (android) Human Torch?

Is this close? You will always get a few Marvel zombies voting for Action because they can appreciate it's overall importance in the world of comics, but I can't see a single DC-centric voting for Marvel Comics.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be very proud to own a copy of Marvel Comics 1 and it would be the centrepiece of my collection by a considerable margin. But given the choice, there is no choice.

Action 1 or Tech 27 because of the prestige alone.

However, if it was a choice between every single one of the Marvel Silver-Age Keys in Fine for $30,000-35,000 or a Action 1 in GVG(?) for the same price you know which ones I'd take. smirk.gif

I don't really care for Superman and I would take Action hands down. Not even close. We are talking about the most important comic EVER. This is the one that started it all. makepoint.gif

Let's see, the first superhero comic that went on to redefine funny books or another early/important superhero book that defined nothing? First appearance of Superman, a cultural icon of Americana or first appearances of Sub-Mariner and the original (android) Human Torch?

Yep, the choice is pretty easy really. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Action 1 here as well. And I have to say I always thought Marvel Comics #1 has one of the ugliest covers period. I mean, I do appreciate the significance of that book but man, that is just an ugly cover.

::there - I said it! I know others want to as well:: grin.gif

Action 1 here as well. And I have to say I always thought Marvel Comics #1 has one of the ugliest covers period. I mean, I do appreciate the significance of that book but man, that is just an ugly cover.

::there - I said it! I know others want to as well:: grin.gif

Ive always thought so too. shhhh.

You really have to preface this with the comment that you're assuming they're the same price. If not, ppl would be a fool to NOT take the Action 1. You could have the Action 1, sell it, use the money to buy a Marvel 1, and still have money left over. Without this it's like asking someone if they'd rather have 1,000 dollars or a copy of NFL Superpro #1.

Brian

You really have to preface this with the comment that you're assuming they're the same price. If not, ppl would be a fool to NOT take the Action 1. You could have the Action 1, sell it, use the money to buy a Marvel 1, and still have money left over. Without this it's like asking someone if they'd rather have 1,000 dollars or a copy of NFL Superpro #1.

Brian

They are both the same price and same grade, and you have to keep the one you buy forever.

That make it better?

Wow! No contest. 25-3 after my vote.

As others have said, this is the easiest choice in the world to make. Action #1 is THE HOLY GRAIL of all comic books.

And yet three people have voted Marvel 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif