• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

Clone and the Last of us are not comparable.

One has a tv show announcement meaning the series will continue and the other has a lawsuit announcement meaning there will be no more comics or video games based on the series.

hmmm...and TPB's??????

Ellen Page thinks the character Ellie is based on her and has made it pretty clear she's planning on suing for use of likeness. I know she was in Trailer Park Boys but I mean, I didn't know she was also high ALL the time.

The TPB will come out but all hopes of a sequel to the video game or any other related LOU properties has been lost.

Ricky and Bubbles lol Rocket appliances and worst case Ontario. Bwahahahahaha

well Jimmy may be right...dead as in 'clone'...it's speculation, if it was sure thing....then it wouldn't be spec...I think I'm gonna pass from buying...I hate TFAW...

What? Clone is just getting started.

:jokealert:

More news about the Samurai Jack comic. Apparently if sales do well it will be extended past the 5 issue run.

From reddit:

Edited by Hodor

Bumping this thread so we can talk about Robocop, Game of Thrones, True Blood, and some movie The Rock is in.....GO!

On a serious note find as many Amazing Spider-Man (2nd Series) 22 - 29. Some seriously low print runs, ridiculously low print runs for Marvel's top character, rule of 25 and so on...

bagged 29 and 25 newsstand are the ones to own

The bagged CD book is pretty tough to find 29 and newsstand 25 are just down right difficult to find. Same with Thor 25 newsstand non foil.

They sold really well several years ago at around $25-30 for 29 and 25 got $20 easy now they don't sell as well, but still sell well.

Now both sell for less, but 25 seems to hold the value better. 19 seems to be making a comeback as well. For a couple of years I couldn't keep a copy of 19 in stock for more then a day or two couple of years back.

Somebody brought up speculation on another thread today mentioning the new Agents of Shield tv show saying it could cause some of the Agent Coulson appearances to be in demand. Last night I read about a book called Ghost Projekt heating up due to a potential show.

Which do you think will be bigger ? Iron Man Agents of Shield/Battle Scars with the show being made or Ghost Projekt with its potential ?

Have you watched the new marvel one shot Agent Carter and Item 47? I really dig the Agent Carter short and believe it will be a spin-off. Don't know if battle scars will be big but have two sets just in case.

There are also plenty of battle scars to be bought. Ghost Projekt is now much more difficult to find. Agents of Shield, would appeal to a wider audience though.

Tough call if SHIELD becomes a hit

Have you watched the new marvel one shot Agent Carter and Item 47? I really dig the Agent Carter short and believe it will be a spin-off. Don't know if battle scars will be big but have two sets just in case.

There are also plenty of battle scars to be bought. Ghost Projekt is now much more difficult to find. Agents of Shield, would appeal to a wider audience though.

Tough call if SHIELD becomes a hit

No I haven't but I will since you pointed it out. lol

I agree with the call, thats why I asked. This show is playing back to back with Once Upon a Time which my wife and one of my daughters never miss. They are also excited about Agents of Shield which is a win for me. Their excitement will unfortunately probably not produce more comic sales.

Now both sell for less, but 25 seems to hold the value better. 19 seems to be making a comeback as well. For a couple of years I couldn't keep a copy of 19 in stock for more then a day or two couple of years back.

ASM vol 2 #19 and #22 always do well for me on eBay. (thumbs u

So will any Marvel Now # 1 reach New 52 Batman # 1 status?

I'm doubting it because of the complete reboot over at DC. I do think Superior Spider-man should bring more than it does because it seems almost as popular as Batman which is saying a lot because it comes out twice a month and therefore twice as expensive to collect. One thing to consider is that Superior and the Avengers will have the same number of issues as their DC counterparts by the end of the year but have only been around about half as long. Hawkeye brings good money already but it's hard to imagine him having the same fan base as Batman.