• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD Key Issues

44 posts in this topic

So, I'm sitting here going thru a few of my comics and come across a stack of my 2012 FCBD books. It got me thinking, are there any FCBD key issues? I really have no idea. I couldn'd anything by doing a search, so, thought I might as well ask and see if any of you thought there are some free keys out there.

I wouldn't call it a key, but the Mouse Guard one from this year is really good, and people appear to have actually been paying for it on eBay.

Also, there's an alternative/hard to find cover of the Image one from this year, which has some fairly serious interest because of the Revival preview.

The Stuff of Legend FCBD 2009 is a key.

This issue pre-dates The Stuff of Legend #1 and is the 1st appearance of the characters. It was not a big sponsor that year so the print run was small. It was just announced Disney is currently in the process of making a movie.

StuffLegend.jpg

Ok, I have compiled a list of what we have so far. I did not include the HC Mouse Guard 2012 as was mentioned in one of the replies. Anyway, I'm not sure if all of these can be considered keys or not. I can always pull out ones we decide do not belong.

FCBD KEY ISSUES:

Amazing Spider-Man, The 2007 (1st Appearance of Jackpot)

Scott Pilgrim 2006 (Special 17 page side story set between Vol. 3 & Vol. 4)

Stuff of Legend, The 2009 (1st Appearance of Various Characters)

Umbrella Academy, The 2007 (1st Appearance of Umbrella Academy)

Unseen Peanuts 2007 (Features lost strips from the 50s & 60s)

Viper Comics Presents 2006 (Original Introductory Story to new 'Dead@17' comic book series)

This seems like a pretty small list of key issues. No one else has any more input/suggestions? Anyone know what was considered the 1st FCBD comic? The 1st superhero FCBD? First Marvel? First DC? Yeah, I'm getting a little crazy, but, would be interesting to know.

Not sure if this one was mentioned because it's not a big dollar book in raw condition but 9.8s are a premium - Umbrella Academy FCBD. I've got a soft part for the series, but with the creators new project being forthcoming, I think this book will get some more looks. If anyone hasn't read Umbrella Academy, I would encourage you to pick up the trades ASAP. You won't regret it.