• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

There are still many episodes I haven't seen. Seems like Twilight Zone was on TV more than Outer Limits when I was growing up. Maybe I'll splurge on the DVDs

Same. Outer Limits was also infinitely scarier to me as a kid as well.

Twilight Zone's "The Invaders" always seemed like an honorary OL episode to me. Real SF with a twist ending that made you think.

wWeCivj.gif

rnlWmG2.jpg

Jo6ZASi.gif

Watched the first two episodes of season one via Hulu.

Enjoyed both, will watch more.

Tons of great stars in those OL episodes. Shatner, Nimoy, Culp, Sally Kellerman, David McCallum, Edie Albert, Martin Landau, Nick Adams, Adam West, and on and on and on.

I just noticed with all the rain the last few days some weird looking plants coming up in the back yard.

SPECIMEN UNKNOWN :whee:

Here's the morning update from Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.

Ih2ctSu.png

GWzLYvk.png

I haven't seen the movie, so I haven't voted in the CGC Poll nor seen the data, but someone was nice enough to post the current data this morning, so I calculated the weighted average (IMDB style).

P2Ur7MA.png

Summary

29% Tomatometer Score.

7.4 IMDB score, and likely trending to 7.1 as I calculated earlier.

6.3 IMDB-style score for CGC voters.

Summary Analysis: Critics hate it, CGC voters don't like it, and the average theater-goer is luke-warm at best. But it appears to be making money - we'll know more by the end of this weekend.

First two are good, but not the best. Episodes 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 are Grade-A with many more after those. But I'd recommend watching them in order, even though its an anthology.

First two are good, but not the best. Episodes 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 are Grade-A with many more after those. But I'd recommend watching them in order, even though its an anthology.

Will get to more of the first season over the weekend. Will watch chronologically.

Tons of great stars in those OL episodes. Shatner, Nimoy, Culp, Sally Kellerman, David McCallum, Edie Albert, Martin Landau, Nick Adams, Adam West, and on and on and on.

I just noticed with all the rain the last few days some weird looking plants coming up in the back yard.

SPECIMEN UNKNOWN :whee:

Maybe they're Triffids

Maybe they're Triffids

well they could be. when I see them uproot themselves out of the ground and start walking around spitting juice at me. I'll keep you updated for any unusual activity in the back lot.