• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Book Marketplace Now Open: ComicSwap.com

46 posts in this topic

So I signed up and put a few comics I've been looking for on your site. Comments:

1) As many have mentioned it would be nice to be able to specify if you are looking for CGC graded comics.

2) Lots of the things I'm looking for link to the wrong thing when I browse through to them . I collect high grade Steranko covers among other things and when I browse to Marvel>Doc Savage then click on Doc Savage the #1 is the Gold Key #1, the #2 is Marvel Magazine Doc Savage #2, the #3 is the DC Doc Savage #3.

3) As it stands the want list only allows you to list a range of prices. I'd like to be able to list an exact price I'm willing to pay. If a comic is worth ~$120 and all I can say is I'm willing to pay $100-$250 I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of people willing to sell me a copy for $250.

Good idea and best of luck with your site.

So I signed up and put a few comics I've been looking for on your site. Comments:

1) As many have mentioned it would be nice to be able to specify if you are looking for CGC graded comics.

2) Lots of the things I'm looking for link to the wrong thing when I browse through to them . I collect high grade Steranko covers among other things and when I browse to Marvel>Doc Savage then click on Doc Savage the #1 is the Gold Key #1, the #2 is Marvel Magazine Doc Savage #2, the #3 is the DC Doc Savage #3.

3) As it stands the want list only allows you to list a range of prices. I'd like to be able to list an exact price I'm willing to pay. If a comic is worth ~$120 and all I can say is I'm willing to pay $100-$250 I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of people willing to sell me a copy for $250.

For #1 - Yep, I'm working on that.

For #2 - The images are a bit hit or miss, admittedly. As it is right now, the sellers are tasked with providing that information in the description. It is a tremendous undertaking to curate a database of millions of comics and variant covers, and we're still pretty new to the party on that stuff. That should only get better with time.

For #3 - The seller doesnt get to see what price you want to pay. That is for us to match internally. If they list something, our system checks to see if it's within your price range. IF it is, you get an email. That's it. The wantlist process is totally anonymous and sellers can only see your interest level and minimum grade, no name, price, etc.

It would be nice to be able to sort the listings into alphabetical order rather than having to scroll through everything.

The recent listings are just that, and they are listed from newest to oldest. If you want you can browse or search the site to find the exact comic you are looking for.

If you are looking for an alpha list of publishers and series, you can try here: http://comicswap.com/sitemap

For #2 - The images are a bit hit or miss, admittedly. As it is right now, the sellers are tasked with providing that information in the description. It is a tremendous undertaking to curate a database of millions of comics and variant covers, and we're still pretty new to the party on that stuff. That should only get better with time.

For #3 - The seller doesnt get to see what price you want to pay. That is for us to match internally. If they list something, our system checks to see if it's within your price range. IF it is, you get an email. That's it. The wantlist process is totally anonymous and sellers can only see your interest level and minimum grade, no name, price, etc.

For #2 you may want to look at how myslabbedcomics.com does it. You don't need to curate the comics GCD does it for you.

For #2 you may want to look at how myslabbedcomics.com does it. You don't need to curate the comics GCD does it for you.

I could easily put something like that together - but the way the site works (and one convenience for people) is that we show all listings on the particular comic page. So you can see a bunch of issues for sale side by side without navigating through 100 ebay listings with wonky titles or whatever.

If you guys really want a consolidated view of all CGC listings from a bunch of different sources, I can put that together and offer it as a utility on the site, no problem.