• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Grib said:

Is there any action on Damage Control books? They are in the new Spider Man movie.

If this is true, stock up on MCP 19.

52 minutes ago, Grib said:

Why? I thought the first appearance was Marvel Age Annual 4

I think the market sort of discounts the Marvel Age appearances as big money ones - they're nice but are sort of amuse-bouches to the main course.

21 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I think the market sort of discounts the Marvel Age appearances as big money ones - they're nice but are sort of amuse-bouches to the main course.

Which book does CGC list as the first when they grade? I hope MCP 19, I just bought a few :)

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Starhawk, and it's just a rumor at this point.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-2-sylvester-stallone-character/

well there is a press release in Italian that looks like it says starhawk. but it brings up a few questions,
1. Why would a press release be released in italy before the US?
2. Why hasn't anyone done a full translation of the press release?
3. Metropolis has how many copies of the second appearance of Star Hawk (Defenders 28) in stock?

On 3/26/2017 at 10:31 PM, Readcomix said:

Warner Bros would probably find a way to blow it, but Kamandi is so ripe for picking as the next dystopian film adaptation...Not saying pay top dollar for the books; I juat think it's one of those comics properties that's far from fully mined in the comics medium, let alone others. 

I always thought Jack Kirby's Kamandi and Demon were underrated and both would make good TV/Film adaptions. 

1 hour ago, Grib said:

Which book does CGC list as the first when they grade? I hope MCP 19, I just bought a few :)

To follow up on this thread, looks like Tony Stark's new company Damage Control cuts into the Keaton's character's salvage business and causes Keaton to become the Vulture. 

Just read about it on Screen rant 

2 hours ago, Comicbookscalping said:

well there is a press release in Italian that looks like it says starhawk. but it brings up a few questions,
1. Why would a press release be released in italy before the US?
2. Why hasn't anyone done a full translation of the press release?
3. Metropolis has how many copies of the second appearance of Star Hawk (Defenders 28) in stock?

Does Metropolis work on consignment like MCS? They have a slabbed 9.4 at $275. GPA is about $240 and the bay was even lower before the news.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Does Metropolis work on consignment like MCS? They have a slabbed 9.4 at $275. GPA is about $240 and the bay was even lower before the news.

Move quickly because it is already being noted in eBay

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Did you miss the CGC 9.2 for $100?

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/load_bookDetails.php?id=385021&set=0

Edited by Comicbookscalping
link

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not setting any records, but Machine Man 19 is at least selling consistently. I assume because of the Powerless show. Should have looked it up a while ago.

That is funny.  I've been slacking about scanning a Machine Man 1-19 set I picked up last year and it looks like it was a good thing since prices look to be on the rise.