Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
27 27

6,389 posts in this topic

comic_memories   
  • 382 posts
2 hours ago, drotto said:

Technically Lockheed is the nickname for the SR-71 (the model of plane used as the X plane and the maker of the plane was Lockheed Martin), and the plane is a large dragon in the fairy tail.  So I do not think it is technically the same character.  As a fully formed character 166 is the first formal Lockheed, although they used the look and name from 153.  He just got shrunk down.

Is 153 technically the first appearance of bamfs also?

I had the opportunity to buy a page from this book about 8 years ago, I thought the $1100 price was a bit steep at the time ( it had a nice Pheonix panel on it) . I have regretted not grabbing it ever since.

they shrunk him down? as they did on the cover of 153, full year before 166? and they used the same name??  Its  uncanny. (pun intended) I'll bet a fan letter woke them up to a great idea.  First appearance in size and future look is on the cover of 153

Edited by comic_memories

boomtown   
  • 1,726 posts

So, is Mister Miracle #4 becoming  a true key? First Big Barda and a great Kirby Cover (kinda gives off a Golden Age vibe).

I know it had been selling well for the past few years but it really seems to be ramping up lately in VF/NM or better. On ebay a CGC 9.0 went for $250, raw NM- for $200+, here on the boards a raw NM- went for $195 (to a boardie that tends to know what a good deal is). CGC graded 9.2-9.4 listed at $400-$500+.

Has Big Barda joined the ranks of the DC high dollar female keys?

ygogolak   
  • 7,142 posts
8 minutes ago, boomtown said:

So, is Mister Miracle #4 becoming  a true key? First Big Barda and a great Kirby Cover (kinda gives off a Golden Age vibe).

I know it had been selling well for the past few years but it really seems to be ramping up lately in VF/NM or better. On ebay a CGC 9.0 went for $250, raw NM- for $200+, here on the boards a raw NM- went for $195 (to a boardie that tends to know what a good deal is). CGC graded 9.2-9.4 listed at $400-$500+.

Has Big Barda joined the ranks of the DC high dollar female keys?

Could be, 2nd / 3rd tier character.

Speaking of 2nd / 3rd tier woman characters, how about Namorita:

Sub-Mariner #50 CGC 9.8 $1,226

13 blue label on the census. Last sale was for $360 in 2016.

kimik   
  • 19,279 posts
1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

More picture frame cover madness! lol 

kimik   
  • 19,279 posts

The amount people pay for these picture frames amazes me. There is definitely a dedicated collector base for them. 

djpinkpanther67   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 12,484 posts
15 minutes ago, kimik said:

The amount people pay for these picture frames amazes me. There is definitely a dedicated collector base for them. 

:shy:

NP_Gresham   
  • 6,830 posts
On 1/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, ygogolak said:

Meanwhile the GA true first appearance goes for peanuts