• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Sold a X-men 129 9.2 for $601 - Buyer has paid 

But 132 is dead. I have a raw NM up for what the going rate was when that book got a little hot a while back, but a slabbed 9.4 just sold for $59, so it is hard to justify my price being just a few $ below that

Edited by the blob

11 hours ago, the blob said:

But 132 is dead. I have a raw NM up for what the going rate was when that book got a little hot a while back, but a slabbed 9.4 just sold for $59, so it is hard to justify my price being just a few $ below that

look at 130, 133

56 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

look at 130, 133

I'm just talking about 132. 130 and 133 are not crazy like 129, but they're doing fine. I just got an offer at $27.50 (on a free shipping book) for my 9.4 132. It is a nice looking copy, i understand the buyer is probably factoring in a 9.0 or 9.2, that's fair. That is below the going rate, but not vastly. I don't see myself ever being able to replace it at $25-30 cost. Perhaps it is the current market messing with my head, but I am going to hold out. A lot of stuff I say "what the heck" when I get an offer, but I don't see a crash making that a $22.50 (after I eat the shipping) book.

30 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

lol; I knew that item description sounded very familiar...

Can probably ask @James J Johnson where that copy actually came from and CGC's take on the grade.

I had an eye on some of those books but now looking at the thread in the Comics General, not too sure...

Are you saying that all of those books are not a old gentleman collection but rather books that were once graded lower by CGC, cracked and then re-offered for sale as raw in much higher grade?

10 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Caught what??(shrug)

1 minute ago, pickycollector said:

I had an eye on some of those books but now looking at the thread in the Comics General, not too sure...

Are you saying that all of those books are not a old gentleman collection but rather books that were once graded lower by CGC, cracked and then re-offered for sale as raw in much higher grade?

Yes.  

6 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

:eek: Why aren't you sure? You should be sure (that you will never deal with that :censored:).

25 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

10 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

No I am indeed, I was tempted on a few books but not anymore, thanks for sharing the information.

I'm trying to  fathom what ThothAmon posted...  Is he reselling the same book over and over?

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Just hold onto X-Men 94 is my advice. I have one from an OO collection that is in that similar condition. I think that same seller sold an ASM 194 for $2,000+

31 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

49 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

No I am indeed, I was tempted on a few books but not anymore, thanks for sharing the information.

I'm trying to  fathom what ThothAmon posted...  Is he reselling the same book over and over?

Perhaps one or two are returns and relists, but these are all different books -- across many different titles and issues.

Try searching the page for X-Men #101 sold for that seller.

For instance, the top left back corner of this one versus this one.

Alleged itinerary is: Buy graded comic -> Crack graded comic -> Press and/or Photoshop comic -> List comic at higher grade than original 3rd party grade.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Truthfully I didn’t take the time to look at them all. Experience tells me that if many of the completed sales are in fact the same book buyers are returning the book after examining. Ive looked at all his x-men 94 sales and everyone of them was sold more than once?  Think I might message him on eBay and find out why. 

Edited by ThothAmon

40 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Truthfully I didn’t take the time to look at them all. Experience tells me that if many of the completed sales are in fact the same book buyers are returning the book after examining. Ive looked at all his x-men 94 sales and everyone of them was sold more than once?  Think I might message him on eBay and find out why. 

Fascinating stuff... had no idea that this stuff existed.