• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Available any day of the week for a $1.00,  70 cents for my southern brothers.  I sold an X-Men #12 CGC 8.0, a good run of Strange Tales as well as ASM's out of the shop today, but nobody bought a single copy of the Spidey #1 for a dollar.

Jim

IMG_1746.JPG

Crud - just paid $5 a piece for those Infinity War 1s.  Needed a few to complete some high grade sets so didn't mind paying to fill the sets but $0.70 would have been better. 

Edited by 1Cool

PM sent - I'll take all those purty Infinity War 1s for $0.70 a piece.  May take some of the ASM 1s and the Civil Wars books so hit me up with shipping cost.

55 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

PM sent - I'll take all those purty Infinity War 1s for $0.70 a piece.  May take some of the ASM 1s and the Civil Wars books so hit me up with shipping cost.

You do know that he priced the Spidey 1s at $1 CAD each.  He has not stated what the Infinity War 1s were priced at.  

3 minutes ago, greggy said:

You do know that he priced the Spidey 1s at $1 CAD each.  He has not stated what the Infinity War 1s were priced at.  

I think (based on his PM response) that everything in the picture is $1 CAD but he wants to entice people to come in an grab some and make his store a destination.  I'd definitely grab quite a books from that shelf for $0.70 a piece especially if they are nice high grade copies.

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Greggy:  Those are all priced at $1.00 each, and it's how I've been able to move 250,000 books at $1.00 each over the last couple of years.  Doesn't sound like much, but starting out with nothing but 200 long boxes at $1.00 each a couple of years ago and has now turned into if you walk into Guardian right now, there are AF 15's, Hulk #1's, Avengers #1's, X-Men #1's multiple 181's etc etc on the wall and available, definitely something no other LCS in the GTA (a population of 7,000,000 people) has.  

Friendliness and leaving meat on the bone for the next guy has taken me further than I could have possibly imagined in a very short time.

Now back to CA heating up...is Damage Control taking off now that they have been "featured" in the MCU?

Jim

18 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Greggy:  Those are all priced at $1.00 each, and it's how I've been able to move 250,000 books at $1.00 each over the last couple of years.  Doesn't sound like much, but starting out with nothing but 200 long boxes at $1.00 each a couple of years ago and has now turned into if you walk into Guardian right now, there are AF 15's, Hulk #1's, Avengers #1's, X-Men #1's multiple 181's etc etc on the wall and available, definitely something no other LCS in the GTA (a population of 7,000,000 people) has.  

Friendliness and leaving meat on the bone for the next guy has taken me further than I could have possibly imagined in a very short time.

Now back to CA heating up...is Damage Control taking off now that they have been "featured" in the MCU?

Jim

Sell me all the hot books.

26 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Jim

Not that I have seen.  Damage Control are still a tough sale for me and there has not been many sales on E-Bay this month.

10 minutes ago, greggy said:

Sell me all the hot books.

I thought everyone already pre-sold hot books to you.  You must be slipping.

8 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Careful that the shelves dont hit you on your way out :baiting:

On 7/7/2017 at 11:50 AM, Guardian Comics said:

Jim

So your $1 books aren't  selling but you've sold $250k worth of $1 books.

Im confused.

On 7/7/2017 at 7:21 AM, greggy said:

So what are Infinity War #1s selling at? (in the marketplace, that is).

18 hours ago, ygogolak said:

So your $1 books aren't  selling but you've sold $250k worth of $1 books.

Im confused.

I sell 1000-5000 $1.00 books a week.  I currently have 200,000+ in my $1.00 book inventory.  My point was the Spideys weren't moving at $1.00 per right now.  That's all.  

Jim

2 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

I sell 1000-5000 $1.00 books a week.  I currently have 200,000+ in my $1.00 book inventory.  My point was the Spideys weren't moving at $1.00 per right now.  That's all.  

Jim

That being said, I'm curious what IS selling at $1. 

On 7/7/2017 at 11:50 AM, Guardian Comics said:

Jim

I'll take every Batman 436 if they are NM or better  

On 2017-07-09 at 4:04 PM, Guardian Comics said:

Jim

Might be stopping in for some infinity war and batman 436 :bigsmile:

will you be in thurs Jim ?? Might pop in .. Like to grab some more Copper Spideys ....

On 7/5/2017 at 8:51 PM, Illustrious said:

ASM #361 still seems to be going for some crazy prices in some sales, would the announcement of an A-list or B-list actor portraying the character in the Venom movie push #361 even higher, or we already at the ceiling as far as sale prices?

I bailed on my copy of 361 and 362 in 9.6, pair sold for $230.  Any time a copper book heats up I try to sell it, I just worry too much about the print run.
6 months ago I was watching ASM #300 selling for $350-375 in 9.6, and $800 for 9.8's.  Those figures have more than doubled since.  Since the Carnage books have already doubled, I figured there can't be that much more room left.  Even if they got a top tier talent for the role, do you think it would triple it's original value from 6 months ago?  I say no.

4 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Might be stopping in for some infinity war and batman 436 :bigsmile:

will you be in thurs Jim ?? Might pop in .. Like to grab some more Copper Spideys ....

I will be in on Thursday for sure.

Jim