Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
40 40

14,970 posts in this topic

16,948 posts

Ha! Oh well, at least I have a nice 1 and 2, 8 is gonna have to wait :)

55,947 posts
6 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Sandman 1 and 8 based on a rumor :/

spec is getting tiresome, people still jump on rumors?

I'm RICH!!!

16,948 posts

So are people going to stock up on  witching hour 1, weird mystery tales 1 and 18, hom 175 and dc special 4 :whistle:

55,947 posts
3 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

So are people going to stock up on  witching hour 1, weird mystery tales 1 and 18, hom 175 and dc special 4 :whistle:

I'm even RICHER!!

lol

16,948 posts

Oh and swamp thing 84 and secrets of sinister house 6

2,029 posts

Let's hope Netflix does a good job with Sandman, too bad HBO passed....

66 posts

I just bought a Sandman set literally hours before the news hit the broader internet. Glad as it looks like everyone has marked their copies of 1 and 8 up by a significant margin. 

4,200 posts

Sandman 8 Editorial price bump? Or too niche?

10,229 posts
24 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Fewer than 75 CGC graded copies and I would guess most people who own them didn't buy them to flip.  It would take a big price bump to shake them loose, so I'm going to guess that it's too niche, but then again, there are twice as many CGC graded copies of Amazing Spider-Man #678 variant that sell for a lot more and it's the first appearance of nothing. lol

8,733 posts

No worse feeling than selling a book before the hype for a fraction of its price now (sandman 8), and not only that, but later on realizing you have a whole set of the title (1-75) with only that one missing :cry:

4,200 posts
1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

No worse feeling than selling a book before the hype for a fraction of its price now (sandman 8), and not only that, but later on realizing you have a whole set of the title (1-75) with only that one missing :cry:

Aha! For once I've done the opposite (purely on accident, of course). Right before the announcement I sent in a couple #1's for a pre-screen. Don't know if they'll cut it (my Sandman issues always seems to have soft spines) but at least they'll get a press along the way.

40,103 posts
2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

:foryou:

2,029 posts
18 hours ago, manetteska said:

Wellllll what's the going rate on these, I was offered one last year for 1k?  I have two near complete sets of Sandman; I think I would rather add those beauty oversized hardcovers than that book.  I also have the blue pages error edition in beautiful shape.

36,947 posts

Sandman 75 second printing cgc 9.6? Too niche?

16,948 posts
Posted (edited)

Killer. I look for that all the time, but honestly I have only come across a handful of the first prints out in the wild. You would think there would be more firsts out there.

Edited by shiverbones

29,187 posts
On 7/2/2019 at 4:51 PM, valiantman said:

Fewer than 75 CGC graded copies and I would guess most people who own them didn't buy them to flip.  It would take a big price bump to shake them loose, so I'm going to guess that it's too niche, but then again, there are twice as many CGC graded copies of Amazing Spider-Man #678 variant that sell for a lot more and it's the first appearance of nothing. lol

all you need is for the Death character to be a hit, have a rumor of a spin off series (which there is already material for) and then have the sites bump that this is the copy to own. She stole the show when she appeared in the series, and many of us loved the character. I see history repeating itself.

29,187 posts

I cashed out on my Sandmans last year. I regret giving up on this series but it just never seemed feasible. Shouldn't have doubted Gaiman or Netflix. 

I suspect Netflix is going to start going after more properties that fit it's niche. Not standard super hero fair that we've seen before. 

The question is what's next? hm 

29,187 posts

don't forget Action 894

16,948 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

don't forget Action 894

captain atom 42 is her first dc universe appearance, but she is not on the cover

Edited by shiverbones
Typo