• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movies causing price surge in back issues?

5 posts in this topic

Nah, there are other factors in play. Random character becomes popular, people seek out his/her first appearance, and so forth. See: Fantomex, X-23, Spider-Clone and, ummm, many more!

Nah, there are other factors in play. Random character becomes popular, people seek out his/her first appearance, and so forth. See: Fantomex, X-23, Spider-Clone and, ummm, many more!

I agree - storyline stuff helps, too. Now that Fantomex is back in play (I'm not sure if I like what they are doing with him) we'll probably see another surge in NXM 128 soon. I'm hoping Avengers Arena does the same for X-23.

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this for a while. Are back issues increases only due to movie/tv hype? In years past, story arcs or changes in the actual comics caused this? What is everyone else's take on this?

Increases are due to flippers flipping to flippers in anticipation of movie hype. There is no true uptick in demand, just a bunch of GD flippers hoarding books and selling their multiple copies to other flippers with multiple copies. Sucks to be a collector. :sorry: