• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ale Garza Commissions

78 posts in this topic

Just saw Ale at a local show last month (didn't know they had artists showing up) or I would've gotten a sketch from him but I didn't have my sketchbook or blanks with me.

At the shows I've seen him at his quick head sketch prices started around $40 or $100 for full figure I believe.

Hey guys,

If you have any issues with Ale, PLEASE e-mail him via facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/AleGarzaStudios?fref=ts

Ale is now under MGA, and I've been assured that HE is finishing his commissions on time.

Everything should be up to order. Any questions, e-mail Mike @ mga1wars@aol.com

OR via Ale's facebook page.

I've been talking to him directly on Facebook for about 3 years now. I'm still waiting on my commission.

Still nothing.

I'm about to email Mike. Thanks for posting this.

Terry

I've been in this boat for roughly 3 months now. I was going back and forth with whether to get a commission from Ale' or Carlo Barberi both of which are represented by Mike but my tastes were just slightly pulled towards Garza. Had I seen this post back then it may have pushed me back towards Carlo but oh well, live and learn right?

As for mine I requested a Hope inspired White Phoenix on an AvX cover and completed payment in full for a more detailed rendering at the beginning of May. Mike with MGA has been awesome in getting some other pieces and just recently got me a Hope to fill my Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 Set that can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1037260&GSub=140707

Mike at MGA has been amazing and has truly gone out of his way to get some amazing art for me whether it be from the AvX's or Deadpool Series for me and honestly with how hard he works to get art for me and keep me up to date on everything I have to think the issue isn't with the agent but the artist. I have plenty of time to wait and I can only hope Ale' can make good with what I already purchased from him, but with the way this one has gone, unless I see him and commission him for an at Con I probably will never do this artist again.

Ale Garza still owes me a commission or a refund.

I would prefer a refund because constantly being lied to sucks.

I wrote "mike" about this 10 days ago and received no response at all.

Here's what I sent:

I paid Ale Garza $300 for a commission on August 17, 2011 to

alegarzastudios@yahoo.com at PayPal.

After checking on it on September 21, 2011 he said "Yah man will be out next week."

It never came.

I checked on it January 19, 2012 with no response. I checked on it February 16, 2012 and assuming he's too busy, asked for refund.

February 26, 2012 he responded and asked for more time and said, "I dont usually do refunds."

May 31, 2012 I checked on my commission again with no response.

June 2, 2012 I checked again - and again asked for a refund. He responded and said, "im not in the business of giving refunds, gimme a couple more weeks."

I said "Even if I just don't want it any more? Come on Ale. I'm not being unreasonable I think. You haven't even started on the piece. It's like I gave you a loan for a year with no interest."

He said "well its gonna have to wait im serious i dont do refunds but i will most likely in a couple weeks."

After no response for the rest of June, on July 8, 2012 I asked if a friend could pick it up at SDCC. He said "Yep:)"

My friend went to his table to pick it up and he didn't have anything for me at all.

November 18, 2012 I checked on it again. Nothing.

February 8, 2013 I checked again and asked for a refund. He said he would trade me an Adventure Time piece of art for it instead. I told him yes and sent him my address again.

February 24, 2013 I checked on *this* piece. Nothing.

March 4, 2013 I checked and he said "will go out this week".

May 21, 2013 I checked again and he said "Will get on this this week ill get some packaging made up."

July 17, 2013 I checked again with no response.

--------

I would like refund sent to me for this. It's obviously I've been continuously lied to over and over for 2 years now.

PayPal as personal funds or send me a check.

Please let me know asap.

Terry

Mike has been traveling - I'd give him a chance to respond to you. He's a good guy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Andy. Mike truly had nothing to do with the original commission but I hope he can help.

T

No one is following a thread sir.

This is the signature series forum which we all post.

Sorry - then I truly didn't understand your post:

Guys,

I'm in no way shape or form tied with Ale Gaza. Concerns for undelivered commission work need to be sent to his art agent.

But maybe you weren't talking to me in the first place. :)

T

As a follow up to the commissions I paid Ale for that he lied about to me over and over again...

- Ale's wife send me a piece of "consolation" art (after lying just once about shipping it).

I sold it to get most of my money back from this failed commission.

If you get ripped off buying art commissions from Ale Garza, please don't say you weren't warned.