• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading DC Horror books

260 posts in this topic

I'll be at the Wizard World Chicago next week and I have a really nice copy of Unexpected 118 as well as a few other issues and some other nice Silver and Bronze age. I don't know my booth # as I'm sharing with another dealer but you can ask around for Boyd at Black Cat Comics.

I can also point you to another dealer that has a near complete run of the Unexpecteds, most in the VF to VF/NM range if anyone wants.

bumpit.gif

I am persuing a few issues now.

Looking for these issues in at least a NM-

HOM 205, 208, 209, 219

Witching Hour 43, 47, 49, 60

If you have any of these issues PM me, we may be able to work something out, also if you have any in the VF range i may be willing to discuss.

Thanks

UV

I'll see what I have. This was a good thread for me. I got quite a few books from it.

Right now I'm looking for...

HOM 206, 217 strong VF/NM or better

HOS 82, 108 VF/NM or better

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion 11

Wierd Mystery 6, 16

Good idea, Doc.

Here's a list of dupes I have for trade...

HOS 106 - 8.5

Ghosts 5 - 4.5

Ghosts 14 - 8.5

Ghosts 14 - 9.0

Ghosts 59 - 8.5

Ghosts 60 - 9.0

Ghosts 68 - 8.5

Ghosts 104 - 9.0

Ghosts 105 - 9.0

A list of what I'm looking for...I prefer them in 8.5 or better condition.

HOM 189, 200, 253, 261, 263, 285, 321

HOS 81 (7.0 or better), 96, 100, 110, 112, 132, 149

Unexpected 113, 115, 129, 133, 141, 144, 148, 177, 189, 204

Witching Hour 10, 13, 28, 29, 49, 82, 85

Ghosts 9, 30, 40, 41, 46, 66, 76, 88, 89, 96

Weird Mystery 14

Secrets of Sinister House 6, 14, 15, 18

Secrets of Haunted House 5, 44

I have other issues I'd part with for the right books. If I've posted something in the "Infinite Bronze Horror" thread that you're interested in, ask.

Scans available on anything.

Allrighty then, here are some nice bronze horror books that I have available for trade. My want list is below....let's talk! thumbsup2.gif

House of Mystery 186 VF+ Adams cover/art, Wrightson art

House of Mystery 192 VF+ Adams cover

House of Mystery 206 NM-

House of Mystery 210 VF/NM

House of Mystery 211 NM Wrightson cover

House of Secrets 91 VF+ Adams cover

House of Secrets 93 NM- 52 pages, Wrightson cover

House of Secrets 96 VF/NM 52 pages, Wrightson cover

And here's my want list (prefer NM- or better, may consider lower grades with nice eye appeal):

House of Mystery 175, 178, 179, 183, 186, 187, 189, 191, 203, 207, 217, 221, 231, 236, 251-256

House of Secrets 81, 84, 86, 89, 135, 136, 139

Phantom Stranger 3, 4, 9, 10

Tomahawk 117, 118, 119, 121, 128, 129

Unexpected 112, 114, 121, 124

Witching Hour 2, 4, 8, 15, 21

hos93.jpg

My turn, my turn!

I've got the following book for sale. 70 bucks and its yours, priority shipping, insurance, and delivery confirmation included.

House of Secrets #116 CGC 9.4 (Luis Dominguez cover)

Happy to email a scan if anybody wants it.

I'm also willing to trade, if you've got any slabbed DC horor (70's or early 80's) at 9.4 or better that I don't already have. grin.gif

Where the heck have I been? Didn't see this thread.

OK, as you guys know, I unfortunately sold like 150 Gems a few months ago. I've been weeding out from the good, bad, and ugly.

First thing I'm doing--any "VF"ish copies will be sold as a lot supa cheap--just want them out of my hair (what's left anyway). Probably do this on eBay.

Second thing--I have tons of duplicates in the DC mystery books. I am in the process of submitting 200+ books to CGC. When they come back, I'll post duplicates that can be used for trading.

Third--there's some solid 9.0 books that I will probably sell raw. I'll post those books here once I'm done sorting.

Thanks Dice for referring me here.

Sterling, you know me... I'm a VF lot buyin' guy for those DC bronze horror books. Let me know when you are putting the lot up on Ebay just in case I miss it. OR, if it really is supa-cheap and you want to sell it direct then PM me with a list and a price. Thanks-----Sid

man...this weekend ENTIRELY wasted on organizing my books, filling out CGC invoices---I wish that the data entry system was conducive for speedy results. You sit there waiting for 20+ seconds for another form to appear as you get closer to 30 books. Looks more like 300+ books foreheadslap.gif

man...this weekend ENTIRELY wasted on organizing my books, filling out CGC invoices---I wish that the data entry system was conducive for speedy results. You sit there waiting for 20+ seconds for another form to appear as you get closer to 30 books. Looks more like 300+ books foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, tell me about it. I fill out my CGC forms through Heritage to get the 20% off. Very slow, plus when I was nearly done two times the system quit on me and I had to start over Christo_pull_hair.gif. I think I timed out due to being so slow. Now I prepare my published dates and etc. in advance so that I have all the info ready when filling it out rather than looking it up as I go. I'd rather just fill out a paper form with all the same info like I do with PGA orders.

Overall, I usually don't think it is time wasted though, although it is still boring. It is being productive, just not the most fun part of the hobby.

I'll tell ya' one thing though, it sure beats putting together card sets like I used to do. Now THAT is boring. ----Sid

Comicsheet(?) has said previously that he submitted an invoice in hardcopy after creating it using XL or something. CGC also has hardcopy invoices, so I don't see any reason why you couldn't create your own version and send that in, sure would save a lot of time!!

I only send in 25-30 books at a time so it's not that big a problem to plod through the on-line invoicing system, but if you're really going to send in hundreds at a time, it might be worth a call to them to see if they'll accept alternative submission forms.