• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

So a sealed copy of NES Metroid went for almost 16,000 via Comiclink auction.  Where is all this money coming from?  Collectibles are nuts all across the board right now.  Really thinking it's time to sell off the majority of my stash.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:20 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Mario.jpg.56ad1bb44733fab0b094a8238577cfe9.jpg

Most expensive video game ever: Rare copy of 'Super Mario 3' sold at auction

A sealed copy of Nintendo's "Super Mario Bros. 3" has become the most expensive video game ever sold, going for a whopping $156,000 at auction on Friday. 

The sale, handled by Dallas-based Heritage Auctions, broke the previous record of the original "Super Mario Bros.," which sold for $114,000 earlier this year.

Posted this in the Water Cooler as well.

Looks like the $156,000 record video game sale from last November is about to get spanked.......big time.

Link to auction.

RecordGameSale1.thumb.jpg.9c3deba1b87dc5c7c73c18187137dd1f.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

So many great memories in this thread. I need to see where my PS2 is hidden and see if it still works. Remember since the PlayStation 3 was out I started playing battlefield like a crazy person. We used to spend endless hours with my friends on it. Now that the PS5 is out I'm looking forward to play battlefield five. I have already been playing it on my PC and had some fun by using cheat codes https://wallhax.com/hacks/battlefield-5/ to mess around with people. The faces of people when you use an aim bot is something else!

Edited by Makinami

So Apple has finally done what I’ve always wanted. I hated those dumb commercials in the past saying the iPad was a computer when it never measured up in terms of a graphics engine or RAM.  Now, finally, they put a powerhouse chip in the next iPad Pro (the same one in their computers) and added an option for 16gb of RAM and a 2 terabyte storage option. This means an iPad is now capable of running high end PC games. I’m hoping for both Red Dead Redemptions and GTA5.  I have hated on Apple for so long due to it’s incremental upgrades in their phones and tablets but they have finally surprised me and made a product that is years ahead of the tablet competition. 120hz Mini-LED and USB-C Thunderbolt was the minimum I was expecting. With the M1 chip it’s now on par with their MacBooks and iMac. This is going to be one hell of a mobile gaming device. Of course it’s overpriced but whatever, I want GTA5 on the go.

Can't believe the PS5 is still out of stock everywhere 6+ months after release.  :eek:  Anyone know how long the PS4 took to become easily available back when it first released?

Is the new XBox also still unavailable?

Posted this information in the Water Cooler.......but realize that many in here don't visit that particular asylum.

CGC has finally revealed the cases for their upcoming video game grading service.

They're receiving very mixed reviews on Facebook.

game1.thumb.jpg.27b89f6760445fa7d8df4c1c4f95d595.jpg

game2.jpg.0d1b09abe69555e9aad91a04c8c9f26d.jpg

On 9/14/2022 at 11:17 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Posted this information in the Water Cooler.......but realize that many in here don't visit that particular asylum.

CGC has finally revealed the cases for their upcoming video game grading service.

They're receiving very mixed reviews on Facebook.

game1.thumb.jpg.27b89f6760445fa7d8df4c1c4f95d595.jpg

game2.jpg.0d1b09abe69555e9aad91a04c8c9f26d.jpg

Yeah they are a mixed bag.

The labels and presentation do look much better than the other offerings, but when it comes down to graded items like these (or boxed toys) I much prefer the insert labels of VGA or CAD cases, especially when you have them put them on the bottom of the case facing up - allowing you to display your stuff without labels visible AND you can stack the cases (which don't look possible with the CGC flaps...but those do give me a nice nostalgic feel as they remind me old G1 Transformers boxes)

Also does CGC test the games and factor that into grading (do any companies test loose stuff)?

Submitting a loose but complete game might still mean it isn't functional (I could submit a very good looking CIB Gamecube game, all minty, but it has small amount of disc rot and would never boot), and many loose games will not have working batteries after use (heck, one reason not to buy sealed cart games is you basically accept the possibility the onboard battery will eventually leak and need replacement, same goes for capacitors but not really an issue on most carts - all my retro stuff has had such things replaced over the years) - which also raises the question, are loose items authenticated to having their original parts (batteries) or replacements (I would maybe compare this to comics, if it has the original staples or not)

Seems like a requirement if grading loose items that they actually be in working order to authenticate (whereas its understandable a sealed item is graded as is). 

I have been playing Fire Emblem Heroes on iPhone since 2017, and I'm really digging the art work for most of the characters in the game, so I'm going to share some screen shots on a weekly basis.

Prince of Askr - Alfonse

Art is pretty straight forward. I give it 3 stars.

1140123166_IMG_14981.thumb.PNG.bd103abf4176169e81e79d9e98946c6f.PNG

Edited by Dimebag_D

Do we have any Dreamlight Valley fans!?

I am absolutely obssesed with this game. I've been playing it since it first came out  & it has quickly taken the spot of Animal Crossing & The Sims. I love farming  pumpkings, the Disney characters and the magical theme throughout the game. Is entretaining and there are a lot of quests to do.