• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future of Star Wars comic

21 posts in this topic

Do you think investing in Star Wars #1, just the regular not the variant i'm not that rich yet, is a good idea. Do you think this comic will have any increase in value.....it seems to have stopped moving in price. Let me know if you think i should blow some money on a CGC version of it.

I think there's a ton of this book in HG..because between comic collectors and star wars collectors everyone had to have a really nice copy. Unless the movies get a lot better, I doubt the book is ever worth anything more then 20-30 dollars raw.

Brian

Do you think investing in Star Wars #1, just the regular not the variant i'm not that rich yet, is a good idea. Do you think this comic will have any increase in value.....it seems to have stopped moving in price. Let me know if you think i should blow some money on a CGC version of it.

Nope - Honestly this is all I collect. If you have SW comics, burn them, burn them all. (except for #s 23-29, 37-72, & 100-107) I need better copies of those...all other ones burn them... wink.gif

I think there's a ton of this book in HG..because between comic collectors and star wars collectors everyone had to have a really nice copy. Unless the movies get a lot better, I doubt the book is ever worth anything more then 20-30 dollars raw.

Quite true... nobody wants them... don't buy them....force the price to bottom out so I can get them for next to nothing. MUUAAAHHHHAHAHAHAH!

I have mulitples of many of the issues you need. Purchased them brand new and bagged them immediately.

I have multiples of 24,25,29,37-55,57.

I think I have a few NM's in there. Minimum grade is VF.

Interested?

what i'm mostly looking for is a CGC 9.6 with white pages.....just wondering how high i should go.....i see in wizard it is around $150.

anyone got a copy graded you are looking to part with

I have mulitples of many of the issues you need. Purchased them brand new and bagged them immediately.

I have multiples of 24,25,29,37-55,57.

I think I have a few NM's in there. Minimum grade is VF.

Interested?

Turock expert, but don't ask me any questions.

Sent you a PM with details - THANKS cool.gif

One just sold on ebay for $83.00 Jan 12. Seem to remember one selling a year or so ago for over $200.00, so prices are declining. I don't know, $150.00 probably is a bit high on these. If your patient, I just know another one will show up on e-bay and that could be your best bet.

You say it's your Unicorn, meaning it's something that you would really love to own. You like Star-Wars, you like the book...just BUY it and don't worry about investments, CGC, will it go up, down, sideways, am I better off buying......??, etc., etc. BUY it. Raw or CGCed. $600 is ridiculous for a 9.8. Get a nice, centered CGC 9.6 or a raw NM or better and enjoy finally owning one. Be a collector from time to time. It's a refreshing change every once and a while.

...just BUY it and don't worry about investments, CGC, will it go up, down, sideways, am I better off buying......??, etc., etc. BUY it. (SNIP) Be a collector from time to time. It's a refreshing change every once and a while.

Amen! This has been my philosophy since the start of my SW collecting phase. I have my set limits on what I will spend, but I am not buying for an investment. I am simply buying because I have a goal to get them all...in a specific condition. My condition requirement is not for $$ purposes or for status, but give the knowledge of the "status" of this comic...how long it will last, what shape its in, yadda yadda yadda...

Be a collector -

Thank GOD!! Someone who COLLECTS, as well as keeps his eye on the toteboard! Now I'm glad I gave you 5 *s!

As soon as I find that piano you are looking for - its yours! wink.gif

Could not find the 9.8 Star War 1 (regular priced one), but if I was Eternal and really wanted a high grade CGC SW 1...there are some SWEET deals to be had right now. I noticed a 9.6 CGC SW1 with white pages that can be BINed for 99.95. For a 9.6 that is not an insane price. Eternal, if you just want the book to enjoy owning it...you could do worse than spending 100 on it in a certified NM+ grade.

Regards

Christopher H.