• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

which is why I only ordered 1 of each. I read the preview, the typos threw me off.

Yah, I think it's definitely worth getting one to read. Why not. But this is not a speculators book. This is the kind of book that LCS's will get behind and order.

I am all for successful books. I do hope its LCS driven, and not simply multi-cover blowcards noob driven mega hoarding by the case full.

I'm far more interested to see how the print run reacts on book 2 and 3.

We're still 3 weeks away from the Final order cut-off and Jupiter's Legacy #1 not only looks like the biggest-selling creator-owned launch for something like 15 years, but the number one book for April. I'm not entirely sure when a creator-owned book beat all the Marvel and DC books, but it's certainly way before I started looking at the charts back in the late 90s. We honestly thought someone had made a mistake when we saw these pre-orders and double-checked, but delighted to say we've done over THREE TIMES what even Kick- gets pre-ordered. Obviously, this is incredibly exciting and Frank and I are trembling with anticipation. Huge thanks for all the people who have gotten behind us so far and I'm delighted to say that our next wave of PR should push this figure even higher.

No conspiracy theories here, but making statements like this only encourages more sales, which at the end of the day is what publishers and creators are in the business of doing. Selling comic books.

having a huge launch of a number 1 with multi-covers is great. But the proof is in the sustaining pudding.

I just find it a little bit 90ish for me. I'm all in favor of creator owned books doing great. But I'd rather see them build their audiences up like Saga and WD, in a sustainable manner.

If Jupiter's Children really is over 100K print run, then him saying its the biggest launch since the 90s should be a warning bell, not a triumphant revelry. That SCREAMS 90s bubble to me.

Edited by CBT

Has the art of the 4 "regular" covers been shown anywhere yet

COVER A BY FRANK QUITELY, COVER B BY BRYAN HITCH, COVER C BY DAVE JOHNSON, & COVER D BY PHIL NOTO

I am also curious about this...

I see on his twitter page he posted this:

Mar 7

Mark Millar ‏@mrmarkmillar

Just got the Jupiter's Legacy alternate cover from Bryan Hitch and it's astonishing. Absolutely stunning. Will share it tomorrow.

So some time today we can see that one I suppose, although someone had said the first 4 were already revealed. I cant find them anywhere...all I see is the one that has been plastered on every website.

Edited by Cobra83

I preordered cover A for 75 cents. I think there are so many preorders to get the variants. Mark Millar has a lot more misses than hits. Kick-, Kick- 2, and Wanted. That's it and Wanted was terrible. Nemesis I still see on shelves along with Secret Service, Superior, Supercrooks, Hit-Girl and whatever else he has. He makes one movie based on a comic and one movie that barely has anything to do with the comic and LCS are hyped for his creator owned series (I know Kick- 2 is coming eventually). And then he just starts rumors of making movies (Bradley Cooper starring in Supercrooks). That's like giving yourself a nickname.

I enjoy almost all Mark Millar written comics.

Wanted was really, really good in my opinion.

To each his own.

Big difference in "should I invest in this" and "is this an entertaining read".

A pairing of Millar and Quitely again has me giddy.

Nope, not that I could find. Also, you might have noticed the absence of issue #2 from the current Previews, take that as you will.

It is bi-monthly so issue #1 April and #2 June and so on. Mark Millar IMO does good work, however, his work is not good for speculators. Nemesis was a great read. The other issues is most of his independent works are short 4-7 issues stories, nothing ongoing.

Of course you did.

read the whole thread kazoo

I have read the thread. What am I supposed to be seeing? I don't see the print run being discussed much at all, nevermind anyone saying that they think it will get over 100k orders.

We all knew that the print run for this was going to be big, but 100k+? More than Batman and whatever Marvel is putting out? The best selling book of the entire month? The best selling #1 creator owned book in about 20 years? Where has anyone said those things?

Of course you did.

I said "we" - :foryou:

I said "you" - plural.