• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I'd say continue the numbering 5-8 even if you're going mini...quite a few monthlies are so inconsistent they may as well be minis. Minis can sometimes be a bit of a turnoff (no offense).

+1

+2 I am not a fan of minis at all but I love Todd.

Hell. And. Yes. I went to a match in Melbourne a few years ago. While you're explaining the rules you can also explain meat pies. And I will buy them as well.

Quick question Ken,

Do you mind if people don't buy your book and just get a pirated digital copy of it from somewhere.

There's an argument going on saying that piracy doesn't hurt anyone but the big company's. how do you feel about it?

How about you leave it in that thread and talk about Todd in this one?

If you're contributing to piracy by downloading or uploading comics, and presuming you like the comic, then please at least do something to help it survive. Shout about it on your internets. Endorse it with "This comic is so good, I swear if my internets were broke and I weren't able to torrent it I'd pay for it!"

That might not answer your question, but it's the best I can do right now.

If you're contributing to piracy by downloading or uploading comics, and presuming you like the comic, then please at least do something to help it survive. Shout about it on your internets. Endorse it with "This comic is so good, I swear if my internets were broke and I weren't able to torrent it I'd pay for it!"

That might not answer your question, but it's the best I can do right now.

(thumbs u

Thank you

Love the book and wish it wasn't a mini-series just for the sheer enjoyment of reading it, like how I'll be *blah* to see Happy come to an end next week. I always hope for a good mini series gets extended or comes back for a 2nd series not too much later. Aaaaand STILL waiting for Nemesis part 2.

I have to admit I flipped through it and passed on it the day it came out, but at the shop 2 days later I read it for a bit, couldn't stop laughing and grabbed 2(and 1 for my girl). I know this is an investment board mostly, and I do appreciate the tips, otherwise I'd never have gotten Sixth Gun #1 or Mind Mgmt #1 for cover. Really, it's the Wall St Journal for comic books here. Just saying it's good to see people talk about a book they like that isn't gonna go for insane money. I like Deadpool and Lenore. Sue me!

Would honestly love to see this become ongoing. I didn't think much of it until a good friend of mine raved about it and I picked it up and started to read it. Such a fun book!

Ken, what's your inspiration behind the characters in this title? And why put a paperbag over Todd's head? What do you envision Todd to look like underneath the bag?

The inspiration was really my nephew.

This week I'll be co-hosting the Geekscape podcast -- Thursday night (2/7) -- which is broadcast live too, and I'm sure I'll tell the story there:

http://www.geekscape.net/

If you can't tune in to Geekscape...here's a couple interviews that have come out in the last few weeks where MK and I talk about how we came up with Todd:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/917?articleID=130951

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/interview-with-creators-of-todd-the-ugliest-kid-on-earth

Interesting. If we do it as a series of minis then continue the numbering, eh? Noted, and thank you.

Ideally, if we do it as a series of minis, as storytellers we'll want no more than 5 or six months between the end of one mini and the start of the next mini.

Edited by KenKristensen

Interesting. If we do it as a series of minis then continue the numbering, eh? Noted, and thank you.

Ideally, if we do it as a series of minis, as storytellers we'll want no more than 5 or six months between the end of one mini and the start of the next mini.

Nice!

I have seen other writers take this direction and I see it as a really positive thing. I'm sure I remember Cullen Bunn talking about the new series he is doing (Helheim) starting as a mini to ongoing with the first arc being able to stand alone.

Nice!

I have seen other writers take this direction and I see it as a really positive thing. I'm sure I remember Cullen Bunn talking about the new series he is doing (Helheim) starting as a mini to ongoing with the first arc being able to stand alone.

I definitely agree about the numbering.

wish Luther Strode had taken that route....being a mini is really the only thing holding that comic back (imo).

When people stumble across a #5 of Todd when it starts back up, they'll naturally look for 1-4 and the trade....if you reboot the numbering with #1 then they may not know the first 4 even exist.

i think it would be good for sales overall for the title.

Edited by krighton

wish Luther Strode had taken that route....being a mini is really the only thing holding that comic back (imo).

Read the first LS trade. Very entertaining! But I think being published too early, in 2011 (before the gold rush for all things Image), has caused it to be overlooked more than being a mini.

If you want to buy issue #2 via mail order I think Heavy Ink still has some left:

http://heavyink.com/comic/27151-Todd-The-Ugliest-Kid-On-Earth-2

Working on two of my LCS shops to order your book as well. One of my 3 already does, but trying to get them to increase the order as your 1 sold out.