• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree - Represent!

142 posts in this topic

Simple question.

How many DIFFERENT PEDIGREES are represented in your collection?

Two Stipulations

1) They have to be pedigrees that are acknowledged by CGC (but the books do not have to be CGC'd).

2) From the Collection of "......" doesn't count. Nor does the Mile High II, simply because almost any high-grade Silver-Age collector probably has some of these books in their collection, regardless if they know it or not.

I'll start it off:

I have TWELVE different pedigrees. acclaim.gif

I'm hoping to add a new, different one in Heritage's auction. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have seven. Steve you should list the ones you have in your collection.

Currently every one of these is part of my Avengers run.

Pacific Coast (7)

Green River (6)

Curator (1)

Western Penn (1)

Oakland (1)

Winnipeg (4)

Boston (1)

I'm hoping to add a couple more into the Avengers run I have.

I have TWELVE different pedigrees. acclaim.gif

Well, bully for you matey. mad.gif

But seriously, that is impressive. I'm not absolutely certain, but I'm pretty sure I've got at least one Oakland, Boston, Northland, Gaines File, Ohio, Bethlehem, Winnipeg, Cleveland and Green River. Which adds up to 9. Most of these are minor pedigrees admittedly. As mentioned in the GA Forum, Golden State doesn't count.

Sadly I haven't got any of the best pedigrees (as far as the market is concerned): Curator, Spokane, Mile High, Larson, Pacific Coast, San Francisco, Allentown etc.

Dammit. 893frustrated.gif

I'm dead serious about this....I really really want to add a Sid's Luncheonette book to my collection at some point.

And Greggy, those two GR's are much much loved!

Starman's Cosmic Rod! cloud9.gif

Okay, anyone who wants a Green River pedigreed book just to have one for your collection, let me know.

May not be a great issue (condition wise), however. Still, pretty nice tho...

Of the top of my head,

Bethlehem

Big Apple

Crowley

Gaines

Mile High

Palo Alto

Pennsylvania

Rockford

San Francisco

Aesthetically, I find my Gaines, San Francisco, and Mile High copies to be far above the rest though the technical grades are similar.

You've got a Green River? Hand it over. Now.

Ok, just kidding. But what is it. Just curious. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a Doom Patrol in the 90s. Forgive me for being vague - I'll dig it out of my boxes. I also have a Circle 8, I just realized.

I did have a couple of Mohawk Valleys at one point but I sold 'em. They weren't that special (the paper quality wasn't great).

title, issue number, & grade please? laugh.gif

um.. They're in the Green River list. Some are really nice. Some aren't.

Sold a bunch of Thors to Phil from ComicCollector but I think I still have at least 40-50 Green Rivers. Lots of Sgt. Furys, Marvel Tales, Thors, Couple of Spider-mans, Tales of Suspense, some DCs, etc.

I'd rather they go into personal collections than to people who are just going to flip them personally.... hence the offer to those people who'd like one for their collection.