• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival STORY/ISSUE/ART Only Thread

153 posts in this topic

also, there is a st. andrews lutheran church which i thought also might have been the center when first doing the calculations, but it is definitely centered on the school.

other stuff....

Here's the wikipedia page for Wausau:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wausau,_Wisconsin#Founding

With the excerpt on the Hmong who some mentioned as maybe having more of a roll:

Hmong immigrants started to arrive in Wausau in the late 1970's after the Fall of Saigon and the end of the Vietnam War. The Hmong are originally from Laos and assisted the American CIA in covert operations against the Pathet Lao and the Vietcong. Catholic and Lutheran church members assisted in the assimilation of the Hmong population in Wausau.
Edited by CBT

I like this Revival thread a lot more than the other train wreck - can we start a similar one for Nowhere Men. That's my least favorite thread since CBLDF-gate.

+1 the other Revival and NWM threads blow. I don't even bother

ok, finally read 8 :banana:

couple things i noticed....

One, he mentions the mountain referred to in our map discussion in this thread, and in bold :ohnoez::ohnoez:

Two, the "naughty" professor has his books knocked to the ground, and the title of one, written BY him, is intentionally shown, (no other books have titles). As with Movies, in a medium with limited time and space, NOTHING is shown without a reason.

Beyond that, my only other comment, is that i find the anti-religious slant of the book overdone to the point of being silly. Other than beating that false stereotype to death, this book is top of my non-Big 2 list in terms of anticipation to read each month :banana:

Edited by CBT

I hold to my original theory on the idea that the more they "revive" the crazier they become.

Who is haunting the old in shape guy? That's what I want to know. A past wife perhaps?

I think it's a baby he and some girl aborted. He seems like he never wanted to be tied down.

I hold to my original theory on the idea that the more they "revive" the crazier they become.

Who is haunting the old in shape guy? That's what I want to know. A past wife perhaps?

I think it's a baby he and some girl aborted. He seems like he never wanted to be tied down.

good idea, i definitely think the ghost things are revivers who's bodies are no longer around.

Edited by CBT

Oh snap! ^^

I think you may be on to something there. I didn't even think of that one. doh!

good idea, i definitely think the ghost things are revivers who's bodies are no longer around.

I totally agree with the spoiler. I think that was the intention. How they help keep the revivers alive is a different question.

I totally agree with the spoiler. I think that was the intention. How they help keep the revivers alive is a different question.

I agree as well. I've got a few ideas where this is going/what's causing all of this.

are these ghosts trapped in limbo? Is there a backlog in "heaven" causing the souls of the long time departed to be trapped in limbo and the recently departed to be bounced back into their physical bodies?

Shipping in July!

REVIVAL12-200x300.jpg

REVIVAL #12

(W) Tim Seeley (A) Mike Norton, Art Baltazar (CA) Skottie Young

story TIM SEELEY

art MIKE NORTON w/ ART BALTAZAR

cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG

The “Revival Event” as seen through the eyes of young Cooper Cypress.

revivaltpb2-200x300.jpg

REVIVAL TP VOL 02 LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT

(W) Tim Seeley (A) Mike Norton, Mark Englert (CA) Mike Norton, Jenny Frison

story TIM SEELEY

art MIKE NORTON & MARK ENGLERT

cover MIKE NORTON & JENNY FRISON

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now the living and the recently returned struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy, amidst political and religious conflicts.

Collects REVIVAL #6-11.

Edited by Jeff Bohn

I agree as well. I've got a few ideas where this is going/what's causing all of this.

are these ghosts trapped in limbo? Is there a backlog in "heaven" causing the souls of the long time departed to be trapped in limbo and the recently departed to be bounced back into their physical bodies?

I don't think it's ghost trapped in limbo or backlogged. Else it would be happening everywhere in the world right? It's just happening in this one spot. So someone or something in this area is the driving force for this. Not sure who or what yet. hm

I don't think it's ghost trapped in limbo or backlogged. Else it would be happening everywhere in the world right? It's just happening in this one spot. So someone or something in this area is the driving force for this. Not sure who or what yet. hm

Thought about that after posting...

Maybe Wisconsin is the gateway...

Thought about that after posting...

Maybe Wisconsin is the gateway...

I keep thinking it's one of the daughters but that's probably just because I like their characters.