• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show off your 1st OA you ever bought
1 1

109 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Sriz said:

Just read up on it.  Didn't know there was an Arab Green Lantern now.  

It's Simon Baz - quote from Wikipedia:

"Simon Baz was a Lebanese-American child living in Dearborn, Michigan during the events of the September 11 attacks in 2001. Growing up, Simon and his sister Sira were both persecuted due to their ethnicity. As a young adult, Simon got involved in street racing, and eventually car theft; the former put his brother-in-law in a coma in the hospital. Simon is fired from his job and, in a moment of desperation, he steals a car. While trying to evade the police in the stolen vehicle, Simon finds out that there is a bomb in it. Simon drives the van into the abandoned car factory he was laid off from, knowing that no one would be hurt in the explosion. The resulting explosion is seen as an act of terrorism by the authorities, and Simon is brought in for questioning. As Simon is being interrogated, Hal Jordan and Sinestro's fused and malfunctioning Green Lantern Power Ring finds Simon, and selects him as the new wielder, flying him away from captivity. With their suspect gone, the federal agents interrogating Simon contact Amanda Waller about the situation, a transmission Cyborg of the Justice League picks up. Cyborg relays the transmission to Batman and asks if anyone has spoken to Hal Jordan since he quit the League. Meanwhile, Simon lays on the ground, knocked out, while elsewhere, the Third Army begins to spread..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Baz

BTW, Baz has a forearm tattoo that reads “courage” in Arabic. Actually I found out what the tattoo means right now (I just looked it up :facepalm: ) - but as a fun thing, originally I bought the cover to illustrate the emotion "courage", guess Mahnke really nailed that one! (To secure variation among pieces I try to find pieces showing different emotions - so I don't end up with superheroes fighting all the time) 

Edited by Rune

12 hours ago, art4comics.com said:

from humble beginnings....  when you start where i started, there is no where but up. 

davissh.jpg

Gotta start from somewhere.  And its better to be moving up...

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thats an awesome page to start with :applause:

Thank you - I guess it did take something special to win me over hm - and maybe I should say that to my wife and score some cheap points lol

Still, looking at the many great pieces in this thread maybe there's some truth to the first piece being something special and hard to resist...