• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice league Dark "Dark Universe" UPDATE

183 posts in this topic

ComicBook.com's Casting Agency: DC's Justice League Dark

---------------

Dr. Alec Holland: Damian Lewis

Etrigan, the Demon: Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson

Jason Blood: Sam Witwer

Deadman: Doug Jones

Zatanna: Elodie Yung

Constantine: Matt Ryan

---------------

That would be an amazing cast if it could be pulled together.

ComicBook.com's Casting Agency: DC's Justice League Dark

---------------

Dr. Alec Holland: Damian Lewis

Etrigan, the Demon: Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson

Jason Blood: Sam Witwer

Deadman: Doug Jones

Zatanna: Elodie Yung

Constantine: Matt Ryan

---------------

That would be an amazing cast if it could be pulled together.

Okay, so Zatanna is now Asian and Etrigan is a giant? Like the GotG, I'm a little out of touch. How long have I been asleep?

Okay, so Zatanna is now Asian and Etrigan is a giant? Like the GotG, I'm a little out of touch. How long have I been asleep?

Since womb extraction.

:baiting:

Etrigan (New Earth) wiki

Height: 6'4" tall

Weight: 452 lbs

He's just hunched over all the time, so he looks much shorter and not as large.

Noooooooooooooooo...

Scheduling Conflict May Prevent Guillermo del Toro From Directing WB's "DARK UNIVERSE" Film

From today's interview, del Toro informed that the film's release"all depends on the calender", and while reaffirming that "the screenplay and the characters are solid", he expressed how difficult it is with commitment to the long-awaited project with "The Strain" being renewed for a second season (set to premiere this summer) and the sequel to 'Pacific Rim' moving forward. Although his involvement is the film's development is far-reaching, if his schedule doesn't line up with WB's plans, he lets us know that "Somebody [else] will do it".

Wait...so Del Toro overcommitted and told the world about a project that may never materialize with him at the helm?

I'm SHOCKED. SHOCKED I tell you!!!

+1

This isn`t the first time that he did this. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Also am I the only one who questions that Justice league Dark Universe will be made?

To me this whole movie will be made has been based on fan site rumors fueled by Del Toro saying stuff.

I have never heard any official word on this movie like Suicide Squad.

hm

The -script was at least finished and submitted.

OH MY. OH MY. OH MY!

-script for 'Justice League Dark' completed

-----------------

Now, Guillermo del Toro has confirmed to Forbes that the completed screenplay went to weekend reads at Warner Bros., and depending on the studio's reaction to it, in a few days we could have an official announcement that further steps will be taken to get Dark Universe into production.

-----------------

:whee:

And it was awaiting Warner executive follow-up.

Does Guillermo del Toro confirm a shared universe with DC?

We knew the -script had been submitted.

-------------------

“Today [Nov. 25], the completed screenplay for Dark Universe officially went to weekend reads at Warner Bros. The studio’s reactions to the -script will be coming back in a few days, and the film could take another step toward production if Warner has a favorable opinion of what they see on the page.”

-------------------

But this is interesting.

-------------------

DEL TORO: I haven’t followed up with Frankenstein so I really have very little to add to that. Right now the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe.

-------------------

Constantine too, please.

:wishluck:

OH MY. OH MY. OH MY!

-----------------

Now, Guillermo del Toro has confirmed to Forbes that the completed screenplay went to weekend reads at Warner Bros., and depending on the studio's reaction to it, in a few days we could have an official announcement that further steps will be taken to get Dark Universe into production.

-----------------

-------------------

“Today [Nov. 25], the completed screenplay for Dark Universe officially went to weekend reads at Warner Bros. The studio’s reactions to the -script will be coming back in a few days, and the film could take another step toward production if Warner has a favorable opinion of what they see on the page.”

-------------------

But this is interesting.

-------------------

DEL TORO: I haven’t followed up with Frankenstein so I really have very little to add to that. Right now the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe.

-------------------

Constantine too, please.

That`s good news to hear,

My thing with Del Toro is he seems to be always talking about these movies he is going to make that never happen or he pulls out of movies like the Hobbit.

Here`s hoping the Justice league Dark movie goes on without him. (thumbs u

OH MY. OH MY. OH MY!

-----------------

-----------------

-------------------

-------------------

But this is interesting.

-------------------

-------------------

Constantine too, please.

That`s good news to hear,

My thing with Del Toro is he seems to be always talking about these movies he is going to make that never happen or he pulls out of movies like the Hobbit.

Here`s hoping the Justice league Dark movie goes on without him. (thumbs u

I think this material lends itself more to the TV format. Most of those characters aren't familiar to a mainstream audience, so you need more time than a film allows to get to know them.

I think this material lends itself more to the TV format. Most of those characters aren't familiar to a mainstream audience, so you need more time than a film allows to get to know them.
Keep in mind with these characters there may be more mainstream awareness than you'd think at fist blush. Swamp Thing had those horrible movies. Zatanna appeared in Smallville, Batman TAS, Young Justice and so on. Ditto Etrigan for animated DCAU stuff. Constantine, if he appears, has had movie and tv.

Imho they don't necessarily need lengthy complex origin scenes. Small snippets of their power/contribution to a team, and let the plot reveal who they are as it unfolds. Like the pacing in Hellboy or GotG. Do whoever the central figure is, and keep it moving.

(anyway, I hope, I hope, I hope they do a feature film. :wishluck: so I'm definitely bias. :) )