• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice league Dark "Dark Universe" UPDATE

183 posts in this topic

So it wasn't Warner Bros. taking its sweet time to make a decision on this movie.

Guillermo del Toro Chose Pacific Rim 2 Over Justice League Dark

Guillermo has now revealed that WB loved the Justice League Dark -script, but they wanted del Toro to get to work on it around November of this year, which is the same time he begins filming the Pacific Rim sequel for Legenday.

“Warners liked the -script, they were very enthusiastic and wanted to green-light it but they wanted it to coincide with the shoot of Pacific Rim 2,” del toro told Daily Beast. “I was put in a very difficult place facing a difficult choice, and I chose to do Pacific Rim 2.”

So it wasn't Warner Bros. taking its sweet time to make a decision on this movie.

Guillermo has now revealed that WB loved the Justice League Dark -script, but they wanted del Toro to get to work on it around November of this year, which is the same time he begins filming the Pacific Rim sequel for Legenday.

“Warners liked the -script, they were very enthusiastic and wanted to green-light it but they wanted it to coincide with the shoot of Pacific Rim 2,” del toro told Daily Beast. “I was put in a very difficult place facing a difficult choice, and I chose to do Pacific Rim 2.”

so if WB love the -script then WB can wait for him to finish pacific rim 2.

You'd think if Justice League Dark is greenlit to shoot in November, Warner Bros would keep an army of quality directors on speed dial.

The film's core 'vision' would be baked into the screenplay, wouldn't it? Just bring in somebody known to deliver the goods. Get on with it. :sumo:

Besides, del Toro is going to be busy with Hellboy III after PR2. :wishluck:

:gossip: Tim Burton .........GOD BLESS...

Please...no.

We need serious dark, not campy dark.

Plus I don't want Depp or Bonham-Carter anywhere NEAR this movie.

But Danny Elfman has done some great DC movie/TV musical scores, Batman, The Flash (90). :baiting:

You'd think if Justice League Dark is greenlit to shoot in November, Warner Bros would keep an army of quality directors on speed dial.

The film's core 'vision' would be baked into the screenplay, wouldn't it? Just bring in somebody known to deliver the goods. Get on with it. :sumo:

Yup. Pretty unbelievable that a project as big as this get's shuffled into anybody's second place. doh!

Yup. Pretty unbelievable that a project as big as this get's shuffled into anybody's second place. doh!

Pacific Rim was Del Toro's creation, right? If yes, then there are several millions of $$$$$ that would make the decision relatively easy for him. (thumbs u

Pacific Rim was Del Toro's creation, right? If yes, then there are several millions of $$$$$ that would make the decision relatively easy for him. (thumbs u

OK, that makes a bit more sense then. I didn't know it was his thing.

I guess this news slipped by all the other NYCC details flowing out.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK SETS STAGE FOR PRODUCTION IN 2016; PRODUCER SCOTT RUDIN JOINS THE PROJECT

Hollywood Reporter previously reported that Guillermo del Toro, who is currently busy with gothic horror “Crimson Peak” and “Pacific Rim” has left the project. According to reports, the 57-years-old American producer, Scott Rudin is finally attached with the project.

Tracking Board also reported that del Toro will still serve as the producer of the film and the rest of the team will not be changed as for now. The film’s plot has been kept under the closet but there are rumors that the film will swirl around few ancient tomes stolen by madman hellbent that will destroy the humanity.

Screen Rant also reported that Warner Bros. will take “Dark Universe” as its priority because of the buzz that has been created by the starring of Will Smith in “Suicide Squad.”

:whee:

Although he can bomb at times in certain roles, I wouldn't write Colin Farrell off just yet.

His performance in True Detectives was really good, although I felt Season Two didn't measure up to Season One. And in movies like 'Fright Night' and 'Total Recall' he can surprise you with his better performance when you don't expect anything more than a rehash of an older movie.

Although he can bomb at times in certain roles, I wouldn't write Colin Farrell off just yet.

His performance in True Detectives was really good, although I felt Season Two didn't measure up to Season One. And in movies like 'Fright Night' and 'Total Recall' he can surprise you with his better performance when you don't expect anything more than a rehash of an older movie.

That's a fair point. He's not bad in every role. I just wonder if he'd come across a bit too cheesy in the role. We may find out!

Ewan McGregor... now that is an interesting proposition.

And 30 years ago...

Angel-Heart-4.jpg

From "Angel Heart".

Justice League Dark Rumored Frontrunners To Direct

The Justice League Dark rumor train continues chugging along with a new report said to reveal who is at the top of Warner Bros.' list to direct the film.

According to JoBlo, WB is looking for directors known for having a dark side. Prime contenders are the directing duo of Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado, who directed Big Bad Wolves, and Fede Alvarez, who directed the remake of Evil Dead.