• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,973 posts in this topic

I've only found one ever on newsstands. The dealer knows I collect them so he held it for me (then charged me another $5.00). It was Marvel Zombies #1 (2nd print). I sold it because of the huge demand for that series.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35765&item=6619590270

2d_1.JPG

Every other one I have, I got from eBay. And Auctionuniverse.com before ebay made them close shop.

Edited by TheGreatSatan

Huh, how would you even know a comic had more than one cover if you were digging through a back issue bin somewhere? How many of the books in this thread have been found accidently?

Only found two of mine accidently all the rest came from eBay where some one else found them and I just bought them knowing they were Double Covers gossip.gif

Hear is another of my ASM Double Covers cloud9.gif.

1258149-100.jpg

1258149-100.jpg.48795868c91b7ab226ba91d2a6f926aa.jpg

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

Huh, how would you even know a comic had more than one cover if you were digging through a back issue bin somewhere? How many of the books in this thread have been found accidently?

Only found two of mine accidently all the rest came from eBay where some one else found them and I just bought them knowing they were Double Covers gossip.gif

Hear is another of my ASM Double Covers cloud9.gif.

1258149-100.jpg

Nice....what grades would you give each cover? Is it for sale 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif Hi the ASM 100 is probably about VG/F to Fine not that great and it is not for sale Sorry "unless I find a better copy with the Double Cover and that is possible I think I have seen 4 ASM 100's with Double Covers come up for sale on ebay over the last few years" 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

Hear is one more grin.gif Sorry another blurry picture

1258191-118dc.jpg

1258191-118dc.jpg.afac51445d496390d694324bbf724bbe.jpg

That is quite a collection of ASM double covers! Compared to the regular issues, how much more do you find that you have to pay for double covers? Especially for key issues?

That is quite a collection of ASM double covers! Compared to the regular issues, how much more do you find that you have to pay for double covers? Especially for key issues?

Most of my ASM Double Covers are low to mid Grade so I got most of them below guide their don't seem to be that much interest in them unless they are CGC graded over 9.0 like this one I just lost to Comgeek ASM 120 Double Cover tonofbricks.gif I think I paid a little over guide for my #14 and maybe a few others but not by much. come to think of it Comgeek has beat me out of several high Grade ASM Double Covers that I realy wanted frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Does anyone know if he is a board member?

Most of my ASM Double Covers are low to mid Grade so I got most of them below guide their don't seem to be that much interest in them unless they are CGC graded over 9.0 like this one I just lost to Comgeek ASM 120 Double Cover tonofbricks.gif I think I paid a little over guide for my #14 and maybe a few others but not by much. come to think of it Comgeek has beat me out of several high Grade ASM Double Covers that I realy wanted frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Does anyone know if he is a board member?

he is

I have a Atomic age Superman with 3 covers, a SA GL with 4 covers, a ealry 50's horror comic with 4 covers, a few keys with double covers, a cgc 9.4 Action 76 with a double cover, a ealry '60's Jetsons with 3 covers.

I had a phone conversation with a collector who called me about 3-4 years ago who has a comic with EIGHT covers !! He collects (almost exclusively) double cover, and more, comics. I don;t remember what the 8 cover book was. I just remember it was a very common mid to late bronze book. Maybe a Marvel or DC. Not sure. And I think he said he had a 6 cover book, and a few, or more then a few 5 cover books.