• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Wanted to keep this thread going, so here is a small grouping of Bronze Age Winnies that are (gasp!) unslabbed. I especially dig the Big John Buscema cover on the 190. And just what the heck happens anyway when the Goddess of Death herself dies???

592978-Thor%20189.jpg

592978-Thor%20190.jpg

592978-Thor%20191.jpg

592978-Thor%20192.jpg

589a8cf69803a_592978-Thor192.jpg.f039b71459d1ed2d265fd9c1c2c37f28.jpg

Is it copyright infringement for you to re-produce the image? confused.gif

Hmmm. That's an interesting if strange question. I'm not selling the image, I'm selling the book. The image/certificate is there to verify the provenance or validate the book in question. I'm technically profiting by selling the book although I'm not mass producing the certificate (each is unique) or altering the book in any way. As the owner of the book in question, I'm probably given leeway in this matter since it goes toward the provenance which is itself a quasi-legal definition to prove lineage.

If reproducing the cover constituted copyright infringement, then each comic auction with a photograph would be illegal wouldn't it? That would include every auction catalog or dealer catalog or Website as well.

gossip.gif If that isn't "Fair Use," then I don't know what is. I think there's nothing wrong with it. gossip.gif

Very nice! I need to get Doug to sell me some Bronze Age Winnies that he doesn't feel would get 9.6 (or higher).

Please try to keep this thread going. I have a few more Strange Tales Mass copies to post (a few 9.6's), but I have no power at my house (thanks to hurricane Frances).

I also took a picture of the entire Strange Tales Mass run #136-168, which I will post.

Keep it going!!!!!

Fill me in on the Western Penn & Bowling Green Pedigrees as I know nothing about them at all!!! When were they discovered, how many?? ETC.

I love the history behind these Pedigrees!! Can't wait for Matt Nelson 's book about Pedigrees next year!! I'm gonna love reading that!!! yay.gif

Finally got power back so here are some more from the Mass run I recently acquired.

593887-ST%23151.jpg

I've asked before, and never got a response, so I'll try again... grin.gif

Why are Mass. Pedigrees denoted as "Mass. Copy" ? Why the "Copy"? No other pedigrees TTBOMK carry the "Copy" denotation?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Another:

593895-ST%23153.jpg

Beautiful books Sfilosa!!

I don't know a lot about the Mass. pedigree. What's the history of this original owner collection? I've read a bit from Matt Nelson as well and am looking forward to his book - I personally find the pedigree stories fascinating.