• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Most Awesomely Bad Comic Book Movies

39 posts in this topic

OMG - I just looked up the Justice League Movie in YouTube and I can't believe someone actually made that piece of garbage!

I forgot about this movie. Or the trauma forced it from my memory until now.

:(

jla-justice-league-america-tv-pilot-12.jpg

And from Legends of the Superheroes.

sinestro_charlie_legends.jpg

Justice League of America (1997 TV movie)

■ Matthew Settle - Green Lantern

■ Kimberly Oja - Ice

■ John Kassir - The Atom

■ Michelle Hurd - Fire

■ Kenny Johnston - Flash

■ David Ogden Stiers - Martian Manhunter

■ Miguel Ferrer - The Weather Man

■ David Krumholtz - Martin

■ Elisa Donovan - Cheryl

■ Ron Pearson - Dr. Arliss Hopke

■ Robert Gallo - Landlord

■ Nick DeMauro - TV Repairman

■ Jason Weissbrod - Drazen

We can mock JLA in retrospect, but as a kid it was one of the greatest comic related live action tv shows I had seen up to that point. To have the live action JLA team in front of me on the tv screen was simply amazing.

Same for Hulk and Thor. The next great thing I remember was seeing wolverine on spider-man and his amazing friends. I was ecstatic. But that's the comic reading obsessed kid in me talking.

I envy this generation so..

P.S. I also can remember Stan Lee constantly yammering that he would get the Silver Surfer made into a movie one day (in the bullpen segments)... I was waiting and waiting and waiting... for that.

The origin FF movie generally gets a pass I think because it was filmed for contractural reasons (just to say that it was done) and never meant to be actually released. Kind of like what they did with Aquaman maybe.

If they were to expand the list to ten, I think most of the slots would have been occupied by all those made-for-tv Marvel movies of the '70s. As bad as the '90s Cap movie was, the TV one was even worse. Same for Hulk/Thor and Hulk/Daredevil. Affleck is probably whining that he was better than the other guy. The 90s version of Nick Fury was a something to behold as well.

Justice League of America (1997 TV movie)

■ David Ogden Stiers - Martian Manhunter

:o

I had no idea either until I copied that list.

lol

But I will always remember him for one role.

tve16561-919-207.jpg

I didn't think the Justice League movie made it to TV. Legends of the Superheroes is another story. I have good memories of it and don't want them tainted by looking back now.

lol

lol

Remember the Roast? Pure Gold TV and the non-political correctness of Ghetto Man.