• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st ever Midtown order smashed up.....F-

25 posts in this topic

So I went ahead and made a 4 book order last week from Midtown and all but one has a smashed corner. Why would you put comics in a Silver Age bag, with a Current Age board unsealed, and then just inside a rigid mailer with nothing else. 1st order from Midtown=F. What is the best way to go about sending them back??? I am over this kind of packaging from online retailers. Now I have to pay to send them back???? I know there are a lot of people on the boards who say they pack like mess. Should I call them or what???

Yea I had a package lost in the mail because my mail lady was awful. I just called and they were great to deal with on the phone. I'd drop them a phone call and see what they say. Stinks it is a silver age book, but their customer service has been pretty solid from my experience.

I had an order for this week and canceled it. I have had too many comics screwed and useless, it's like they have a 3 year old, packing and boarding the things. I didn't want to drop 150 bucks on the order.

The past 3 weeks even the variant copies I bought were screwed, I wouldn't even get them signed and cgced.

Is there anywhere else I can get some non damaged books. I'm done with midtown

Tfaw to me the packing is crab, the hard cardboard envelope didn't cut it for me on 2 orders. I was screwed by them too

Con

I had an order for this week and canceled it. I have had too many comics screwed and useless, it's like they have a 3 year old, packing and boarding the things. I didn't want to drop 150 bucks on the order.

The past 3 weeks even the variant copies I bought were screwed, I wouldn't even get them signed and cgced.

Is there anywhere else I can get some non damaged books. I'm done with midtown

Tfaw to me the packing is crab, the hard cardboard envelope didn't cut it for me on 2 orders. I was screwed by them too

Con

I agree about TFAW. I had my first couple of orders from them last week, and I didn't like the packaging, either. At least Midtown's rigid mailer is bigger than the comic so they're protected a little more. TFAW's mailer was barely bigger than the comic.

I think the trick is the size of order. For several years, mine all come in a box with bubble wrap all around the insides, with all the books in bags and boards and then taped tightly in a brown paper bag. So far, so good-- even when the box is a bit banged up, the books are still fine.

1) Call or chat with them on the site. They are good about refunding if you have serious damage to the books

2) Never order from them unless you order at least 7 books. 7+ books get shipped in a box in bubble wrap. Anything less you risk the cardboard mailer envelope which is 50/50 on getting crushed.

1 book is in great shape. The other 3 have impacts on the corner dropping them to 8.0 at best. I would not buy them off a shelf to say the least. To me they are worthless the way they sit. So much of a hassle to ship them back for 3 more copies that might just show up the same way.

1) Call or chat with them on the site. They are good about refunding if you have serious damage to the books

2) Never order from them unless you order at least 7 books. 7+ books get shipped in a box in bubble wrap. Anything less you risk the cardboard mailer envelope which is 50/50 on getting crushed.

+1 on #2

I'll just add a few image firsts to my order to have enough so they have to ship in a box.

Mycomicshop has bulletproof packaging no matter if it is 1 comic or 100. Try them.

I couldn't disagree more

I've never had a single problem with their shipping. I rate it as good as it gets.

Mycomicshop has bulletproof packaging no matter if it is 1 comic or 100. Try them.

I couldn't disagree more

I've never had a single problem with their shipping. I rate it as good as it gets.

I Agree. Very good packaging by MCS on every one of my 30-40 orders with them.

I couldn't disagree more

I Agree. Very good packaging by MCS on every one of my 30-40 orders with them.

+1