• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing package shows up damaged( Update)

46 posts in this topic

A few years ago, I stopped using FedEx because of this episode:

This is my package I shipped. It was a $3000 printer (at the time) in it's original box and packing materials, and if you look carefully, you'll see I reinforced the bottom of the box with a plywood base. (this was how we got the printer shipped to us originally when we bought it new).

preship.jpg

This is how FedEx delivered it to the buyer. They dropped it off in their driveway just like this and left.

postship01.jpg

postship02.jpg

The infuriating part that no one at FedEx cared about was that A) the printer was obviously damaged in transit to the point they had to put it in a different box with *no* packing support, and B) the company actually continued to deliver it to the buyer AS IF NO ONE WAS GOING TO NOTICE.

Even worse; the people at FedEx didn't seem to care that they willfully attempted to deliver damaged goods and passively place the blame on me. Thankfully, I had it insured and they paid the premium, but - of course - I had to fight with people over that, and by the time it was all over, I didn't care that they shorted me $75 of what I was owed.

I have never, nor will ever, use FedEx ever again. I understand packages get damaged, but for a company to be deceptive and decietful when damage happens is never acceptable, and to rip off customers of their monetary damages is completely unethical.

those are two separate sentences, " Comic books do not meet this standard" as one who use to sell comics on ebay and sent everything Media mail... it only took one package that was randomly inspected for me to stop, in my case each comic was cut and a red governmental warning was place on each comic informing me of the penalties of fraud/ Then shipped back to me and I was billed $122.91 for inspection fees.

A few years ago, I stopped using FedEx because of this episode:

This is my package I shipped. It was a $3000 printer (at the time) in it's original box and packing materials, and if you look carefully, you'll see I reinforced the bottom of the box with a plywood base. (this was how we got the printer shipped to us originally when we bought it new).

preship.jpg

This is how FedEx delivered it to the buyer. They dropped it off in their driveway just like this and left.

postship01.jpg

postship02.jpg

The infuriating part that no one at FedEx cared about was that A) the printer was obviously damaged in transit to the point they had to put it in a different box with *no* packing support, and B) the company actually continued to deliver it to the buyer AS IF NO ONE WAS GOING TO NOTICE.

Even worse; the people at FedEx didn't seem to care that they willfully attempted to deliver damaged goods and passively place the blame on me. Thankfully, I had it insured and they paid the premium, but - of course - I had to fight with people over that, and by the time it was all over, I didn't care that they shorted me $75 of what I was owed.

I have never, nor will ever, use FedEx ever again. I understand packages get damaged, but for a company to be deceptive and decietful when damage happens is never acceptable, and to rip off customers of their monetary damages is completely unethical.

:facepalm:

those are two separate sentences, " Comic books do not meet this standard" as one who use to sell comics on ebay and sent everything Media mail... it only took one package that was randomly inspected for me to stop, in my case each comic was cut and a red governmental warning was place on each comic informing me of the penalties of fraud/ Then shipped back to me and I was billed $122.91 for inspection fees.

:o

Wow!

Even re-reading that, to me it sounds like comics are ok but I can see what you mean. I had no idea that's what they would do!

Holy Vindictiveness! :o

I rarely ship much and when I do it's always with the USPS, but as a receiver of many packages, I agree--FedEx employees don't really give two about the quality of service they provide. From the delivery drivers to the clerks to the supervisors and managers, they could care less. They've got the hardened exteriors that nurses get from having to deal with unreasonable people screaming at them all day, but unlike nurses who do tend to care about helping people, many FedEx employees truly don't. Obviously some individuals are caring people and thus do care about the job they do, but there's clearly a widespread acceptance of awful employee attitudes at FedEx. Every USPS employee I've ever talked with either seems to care about service or at the very minimum is neutral about it and does at least make some effort to do a decent job--but FedEx employees are like you say, they blame the customer for everything whenever they've got an inch of leverage to do so and could care less what you think about that. Or at least that's true in my area. Their lack of focus on customer service is evident whenever I walk into one of their shipping locations; five or six people will wander around behind the desk ignoring customers who walk in. I expect to wait 5 to 20 minutes in the lobby of a FedEx being ignored by a half-dozen people with nobody caring or watching the front desk. It's just how they operate, at least in my area.

I'm to the point where if a seller is shipping via FedEx, I don't want their product. I know many shippers love them because they've got a lot of tools to make the shipping experience easier, but as a receiver of packages, I refuse to deal with them if I have any choice at all or know that a shipper tends to use them.

Don't USPS employees make significantly more money than FedEx employees? That may account for the difference in their focus on service. hm I suppose it may also account for why the USPS is struggling monetarily. :eek:

Are you the seller that the buyer is talking about in this thread?

Many experienced sellers are calling BS to your story. I'm inclined to agree with them.

Many experienced sellers are calling BS to your story. I'm inclined to agree with them.

Ditto. While it is within the USPS stated rules to destroy items sent media mail rather than return them, in practice this is not the way they have worked up to this point. These items are normally sent postage due to the recipient.

Please post pictures or scans of the returned items and the bill that you received to drive home this new era of USPS inspection thuggery.

Ditto. While it is within the USPS stated rules to destroy items sent media mail rather than return them, in practice this is not the way they have worked up to this point. These items are normally sent postage due to the recipient.

Please post pictures or scans of the returned items and the bill that you received to drive home this new era of USPS inspection thuggery.

It is quite unbelievable. I'm wondering what the angle for those posts really is about.

Yeah, what a load of absolute BS :lol:

Yeah, what a load of absolute BS :lol:

My postal workers at the counter know I ship comics (we talk about it) and they have never said anything to me when I ship media. I call bull sharky as well

I had one media mail package intercepted - it was simply mailed along to the recipient with a postage due notice (for the price difference between media mail and priority).

"Red governmental warning was place on each comic informing me of the penalties of fraud" :screwy:

These books were not comic books. They were Omnibi and a limited edition signed Batman HC. No advertising, and were certainly eligible to be mailed media

I have had two packages opened( perhaps three). both were sent on to the addressee. One came with a note saying the box had been opened and comics were ok.

The other, sent to Hawaii, went to the addressee with a postage due amount. There was a notation about playing cards not being eligible so I'm not sure what would have happened had there been only comics.

What could be wrong about a girl enjoying a Sprite? :angel: CGCmod0 must be a Mountain Dew fan. :makepoint:

DEFINITELY not worse than PG-13. :shy:

I'm sure they were worried about all the copycat posters taking it to the next level.

In fact, I was in the middle of filming a completely submerged, scantily clad model, jumping out of a vat of milk....... with a chocolate covered banana in her mouth.

Now I have to send her home and forfeit my non-refundable deposit. :(