• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World: Day One

2 posts in this topic

Come on in the water is fine.

This year the main convention is located in the newest edition to Philadelphia's convention center of off Broad Street. I remember in years past, waiting outside, to get in thinking what if it rains? Last year they rectified that by having the line snake up and down a hallway before entering another room. This also helps in the heat. This year they rectified the line problem by the mass amount of space.

The con started off slow for me, I made a promise to someone to pick up the Walking Dead variant. He even went so far as gifting me a Groupon for the paid admission on Thursday. Even though at this time I was waiting for my credentials I did have a secondary plan to get in. The night before I placed everything by the door doing my best to make sure I had everything I possibly could have needed. I checked off a list.

Books for Stan Lee to sign. Check.

Books for Bob McLeod to sign. Check

Money. Check. Double Check.

Bag and Board for Walking Dead comic book check.

Cgc books for possible pressing. Check

Camera. Check

Yup, I was ready for the first day. I took public transportation, which is the easiest and cheapest thing to do. I was on my way. Three blocks away my guy dropped. I forgot the Groupon. Suffice to say with everything that I was carrying I went to my fathers first and dropped what I had off, then made the trek all the way home.

Even on the first day I knew there would be a line. When I got back I had to wait thirty minutes just to get the ticket from the Special tickets section and that's when I found out that the Walking Dead only comes with full admission. At least it was a nice day.

I'm on my way back for the second day of the event, the first real day. the empty signature area will be full this time. I even brought clothes with me to stay downtown this time. I figured it would be easier to stay after the "Boardie" dinner than to go back home. I made the list again.

Comicbooks to look over for pressing, check

Cgc books that weren't looked at the previous day, check.

Books for Bob Layton. Check.

Money, check and double check

Clothes. Check.

Toothbrush. Check.

Clothes to sleep in. Check.

Cameras. Two. Check

Charger cord for iPhone. Ch...

......damn

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

13755.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb