• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #1 SS Stan Lee 3.5 CR-OW

22 posts in this topic

I won't fill this post with another 'cry me a river' story :blahblah:

To sum it up, baby, need new house, mba degree is expensive, and I have a wife.

Did I mention the wife part ?? doh!

So I'll be selling off all my books. It was a really great experience and I thank everyone on this board for being so awesome. Coming to this, I didnt see it as a lucrative investment (I dont think anyone should think this way coming in to a 'hobby'). I saw an opportunity to broaden my hobbying horizon and I think I did pretty darn well. Think about it, if a Jeopardy theme 'Name that Key Issue' came up, I would destroy it !

I'll price my books almost at cost or just a tad higher (S&H included already in price).

Same rules. No probation peeps allowed. Checks, money order, cash (secured at your own risk), Paypal +3% accepted. Shipping USPS Priority w/ insurance double boxed. I'm always iffy on international shipping but you can try to convince me otherwise :)

Let's start big !

X-Men #1 SS Stan Lee 3.5 Cr-Ow

Last 3 GPA recorded sales:

Mar-03-2013 $1,900 Cert# 1146544001

Dec-29-2012 $1,675 Cert# 1012056001 (This was me. I thought I got a decent deal on it since the seller's feedback score was sketchy. I paid the piper since the seller never shipped me the book until I filed a claim with eBay. Horrible experience).

Jan-14-2012 $2,000 Cert# 1035470003

Price: $1,775 DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

Very nice, and nicely priced! GLWTS!

Since I got a deal on it, I figure I'll pass that on to members here. After s&h and all other expense, I'll probably net and enough for dinner at Morton's? :applause:

Whew! It's good that you got it from the bad seller.

I just wanted my horrible experience with you. Two years ago, I sold Avengers #1 CGC 4.0 SS by Stan Lee to the winner who lives in Spain.

It was delivered but the winner claimed it was not as described through PayPal. What??? It was a brand new graded copy! I contacted the winner to return it back few times but the winner never responsed. It was a horrible time for me that PayPal took the whole money out of my PayPal balance so I had a dispute. "She" was asked to return it included the tracking number. It was passed the deadline and I didn't receive it. Of course, the tracking number never showed on either USPS or Spain Post Office online. My money was released back to me.

Two days later, she made other dispute. PayPal took my money again. I got mad and wrote her email and told her back it off. Of course, she never responded and had my book. I would lose money too. I had other dispute with her. Very next day, I received the package. My book isn't there but The Joker #2, Speculater Spider-man #2 and BewareThe Creeper #6 with small bundle of paper. That became the perfect evidence. PayPal told me to go get the police report that was what I did plus the website was provided by my local cop. To fill it out on the website to report on her as a fraudulent. It is on FBI list. I mailed photographs and the police report to PayPal and won the case. My money was back to me. It was horrible for two weeks for me but I was happy that was over.

That was the only one incident through Paypal. She never tried to open the case with eBay and had a perfect feedback. I forgot her and her eBay seller ID but she is from Spain.

What an experience! Thank you PayPal for the outstanding service. Also I sold three crabby comic books to mycomicshop.com for $22. My kids drew on all papers. The justice did the service well that helped my victory.