• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,218 posts in this topic

I actually have a ton of grinning skeleton covers. Should do a group shot or something.
Didn't set out to collect them, it's just one of those PCH cover themes I'm always drawn to.

7 hours ago, JoeRock said:

A little different from some of the other stuff I posted, but hey look, a witch on the cover haha. I love the colors on this book, really need to get a copy of Wow Comics 38, it’s a beautiful cover 

3D9EA7D0-1250-4E74-95B4-DCFC67CA82F8.jpeg

your showing your softer side :smile:

28 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Very cool Doc! Question: are those vertical lines from the scanner or production related? Never saw lines like that on a book.

@Jayman They are on the book and I have a feeling that @DocHoppus182 and I snagged books from the same seller. I have never seen it before either I was racking my brain to come up with how it occurs. 

2019-01-13-0001.jpg

Very cool! (It looks like both books have color touchups... I assume you guys know that but just in case.)

The creasing is super weird. I'd throw out a wild guess of a production problem with the cover stock, just because it seems like it would be difficult to crease them by hand so many times and so finely.

I have a Adventures into Weird Worlds #24 that has a vertical scratch like those books down the middle. Don't know what it is also. Like, you said, maybe a production problem .  (shrug)

Actually, thinking about it some more, a production problem is probably unlikely since it's across a collection of different issues, and it's not a problem we've seen out in the wild other than these particular books.

Are the cover creases accordion-style, i.e. folded in, then out, then in again etc? Because I'd think they would have to be if someone (for whatever odd reason) made them by hand.