• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

Very nice! I think it's just a hard to find issue in HG.

To be honest, I don't think of it as one of Everett's best efforts. The large use of black ink makes for a muddy appearance and the nondescript building tops leave me with an overall "rushed" feeling to this cover. Not that I would turn down a chance to own this issue, I just feel he has better covers compared to this. 2c

You might feel differently if you had a pretty copy in your hand Jay (no offense Scrooge I love all copies and you have a great one).

I like it for all the reasons you may not Jay.

Some of Everett's more favored covers verge on realism where he tried to depict supernatural/horrific things as they may have actually appeared. Here he went the other way and it looks almost cartoonish and for this reason I like it. There really isn't anything like it.

Edited by Johnny545

You might feel differently if you had a pretty copy in your hand Jay (no offense Scrooge I love all copies and you have a great one).

I wouldn't be offended. The scan speaks for itself. I uploaded it so we could see the cover and discuss it and it did that.

It's not nearly my favorite Everett cover but it's intriguing for the cheekiness of it. Ultimately, it does not carry much horror since there is no sense of dread (compare that to those done by Heath which tend to happen at the moment of encounter or right before while this one takes place (sadly) after) and I agree with Jayman that the background is weak.

To be honest, I don't think of it as one of Everett's best efforts. The large use of black ink makes for a muddy appearance and the nondescript building tops leave me with an overall "rushed" feeling to this cover. Not that I would turn down a chance to own this issue, I just feel he has better covers compared to this. 2c

Some of Everett's more favored covers verge on realism where he tried to depict supernatural/horrific things as they may have actually appeared. Here he went the other way and it looks almost cartoonish and for this reason I like it. There really isn't anything like it.

As printed, it's not among my favorite Everett's. I'm sure, however, the original art would better reveal Everett's inks and would look far more impressive.

But where are all the Adventures into Weird Workd 22's (shrug)(shrug)(shrug)(shrug)(shrug)(shrug)(shrug)

Not in my collection! :sorry:

I know you guys are thinking high grade copies but I am happy to have a copy -

Adventures%20into%20Weird%20Worlds%2022_zpsxtbrwjel.jpg

I would be happy with that

As printed, it's not among my favorite Everett's. I'm sure, however, the original art would better reveal Everett's inks and would look far more impressive.

The two figures look like a seperate piece of art that was enlarged (perhaps from the interior story? )... and cut out , then pasted over the landscape/buildings which were clearly rendered in the more traditional Bill E fine ink lines....

Superior and Toby used to enlarge I terior panels and reuse them for covers all the time.

The two figures look like a seperate piece of art that was enlarged (perhaps from the interior story? )... and cut out , then pasted over the landscape/buildings which were clearly rendered in the more traditional Bill E fine ink lines....

Superior and Toby used to enlarge I terior panels and reuse them for covers all the time.

Given that it's signed by Everett, I don't think it likely to be a paste-up. His inking is so fine that the amount of reduction for printing results in a considerable loss of detail for the two main figures.

Given that it's signed by Everett, I don't think it likely to be a paste-up. His inking is so fine that the amount of reduction for printing results in a considerable loss of detail for the two main figures.

I agree that the sig is a good indication that this was not a paste up. As I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the rushed looking cross hatching on the buildings. A part of the overall Everett charm is his attention to detail in every aspect of his inking. This one falls a bit short I'm afraid.

Any chance you have a nice copy of this one AS? Would love to see it.

After over 15 years of being buried in a box, I finally found my copy of Ken Shannon #3

532DEFA5-28AF-49F8-BF8D-814DB4031284.jpg

Ken Shannons kicks :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

After over 15 years of being buried in a box, I finally found my copy of Ken Shannon #3

532DEFA5-28AF-49F8-BF8D-814DB4031284.jpg

Ken Shannons kick :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Worth the wait beautiful copy.

Very pretty copy! There are some great covers in that run!

Oh how I love this cover...... maybe from growing up on the edge of a swamp..... plus I always liked blondes :luhv: GOD BLESS....

MYSTIC%2019.....7.0.jpg

Nice pick up, and a skeleton cover to boot!