• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

doh! I make sure to check Heritage on this stuff but somehow neglected to look at the "past" listings. Thanks for helping out this bonehead.

11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The red on her hand and face shouldn't be there, right?

Correct; there are a couple red spots on the cover but the flip-side doesn't show any bleed through.

Considering the red spots, and the seller's asking price, I'll pass, as much as I really do enjoy this cover.

Funds will be redirected to a nice looking copy of Miss Fury #2 instead.

44 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I could see a price of $300-$350 max.

37 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

I couldn't. Maybe $175. Maybe.

Seller has it as a 4.5-5.0 @$350 sticker.

Wasn't sure on FMV but his prices on other GA did seem high so not surprising.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for another.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Seller has it as a 4.5-5.0 @$350 sticker.

Wasn't sure on FMV but his prices on other GA did seem high so not surprising.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for another.

Agreed is high. I am with Retro on the $175 pricing but in light of how the prices are going up on golden age books I could see a seller putting $300 on it. It is a number 1 after all, and you don't see it all that often.

9 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Agreed is high. I am with Retro on the $175 pricing but in light of how the prices are going up on golden age books I could see a seller putting $300 on it. It is a number 1 after all, and you don't see it all that often.

True. Prices have gone crazy lately. An auction setting and who knows!

I think we had a discussion of this issue in another context and someone knowledgeable described it as a minor PCH key.  I don't follow PCH closely enough to judge how accurate that assessment is, but I don't think $350 would be impossible at auction.  If it was actually in a blue 4.5 or 5.0 slab, I could see it doing that and maybe more. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, Artboy99 said:

I could see a price of $300-$350 max.

..... yeah..... possibly a bit more if it's a personal grail. The days of picking up nicely presenting copies of better PCH for less than 200 are probably gone. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

13 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Working on a CGC graded run of these just issues 1-20........................... Pre code horror !!!

DSCN3601.JPG

I've begun collecting those books, as well.  Pretty tough to find in decent shape.  

10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I've begun collecting those books, as well.  Pretty tough to find in decent shape.  

Its a fun series to collect,... i know it is a 2nd tier series but i am surprised that there is apparently such little demand for song a long running title,,,,,,

On 7/25/2017 at 4:09 PM, N e r V said:

There's some good covers in the run but #5 has proven to be the stand out classic skull cover. I'll bet it will continue on it's upward pricing into the future too. 

I wanted to get a copy before we started measuring it in "how many k" terms which I feel it's headed into now.

I agree.  HT #5 has been an underrated cover for a long time.  One of my favorites!

Almost 15,000 posts and 13 years ago, it was the book that started this thread!  Still have it :)

Edited by *paull*

On ‎2017‎/‎08‎/‎06 at 10:25 PM, *paull* said:

I agree.  HT #5 has been an underrated cover for a long time.  One of my favorites!

Almost 15,000 posts and 13 years ago, it was the book that started this thread!  Still have it :)

I think it is awesome that you still have it!

Absolutely "thrilled" to have my copy.