• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

This movie made an insane amount of money.

ST 110 will never be cheap again. I envy the people who were able to get in on the little lull it had.

-J.

Little lull? This comic could be had cheap in high grade all the way to about 2013.

I bought a 9.0 for $6100 that year and really wrestled with that purchase. It was one of the best comic purchases I've ever made. I want a do over so I can buy more.

ST 110 will never be cheap again. I envy the people who were able to get in on the little lull it had.

-J.

Little lull? This comic could be had cheap in high grade all the way to about 2013.

I bought a 9.0 for $6100 that year and really wrestled with that purchase. It was one of the best comic purchases I've ever made. I want a do over so I can buy more.

lol I was talking about the lull right before the movie came out.

-J.

-J.

I was expecting you to say that this issue could be had for only cover price back in 1963 and that you had brought your personal copy when it first hit the newsstand. :D

Books normally cool down after the movie but it will be interesting to see what happens on this case ; the copies are scarce and the fan base is growing thanks to the movie

Are the copies scarce or is it just that nobody was slabbing them until about 4 years ago.

Looks like there's twice as many ST110s than TTA27s on the census. Way more ST110s than Hulk1s on the census too.

Edited by gadzukes

Books normally cool down after the movie but it will be interesting to see what happens on this case ; the copies are scarce and the fan base is growing thanks to the movie

Are the copies scarce or is it just that nobody was slabbing them until about 4 years ago.

Looks like there's twice as many ST110s than TTA27s on the census. Way more ST110s than Hulk1s on the census too.

ST 110 is not a scarce book. It suffered from the same issue that DD #1 and Avengers #1 had for years due to ample supply being better able to meet demand relative to other Marvel SA keys. I expect it will show the same post-movie/TV plateau and then pullback pattern that the other two did, but will settle at a much higher level that it was before the movie bubble.

I was not impressed with the movie, will not be planning on viewing it a second time.

This is simply my opinion of course.

Agreed.

Was there something in particular that turned you off? Plot? Actors? Effects?

I'm not going to give it 4 stars, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. I wish it were a little longer.

Yep like most have said, the movie was great! I enjoyed watching it immensely. Giving it a B+

If "great" and "enjoyed it immensely" only gets a B+, you're a pretty tough grader. :D

Yes I am :grin: I consider Iron Man 1, Spidey 2 (McGwire), Avengers 1 + 2 to be A movies in my opinion. But, Dr. Strange was very entertaining but not quite on par with the previous movies I listed.

I was not impressed with the movie, will not be planning on viewing it a second time.

This is simply my opinion of course.

Agreed.

Was there something in particular that turned you off? Plot? Actors? Effects?

I'm not going to give it 4 stars, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. I wish it were a little longer.

I don't want to spoil anything but I wanted to see more of a battle between Strange and the villain towards the end of the movie. Also, I was not quite a fan of how he looked.

-J.

I just snagged a 4.0 for a nice price based on GPA. Wasn't looking for it but couldn't let a copy go for that cheap and not to me lol

-J.

I just snagged a 4.0 for a nice price based on GPA. Wasn't looking for it but couldn't let a copy go for that cheap and not to me lol

Was that one that was sold on the Boards?

If so, that was a nice looking copy. Congrats. :applause:

-J.

-J.

Inquiring minds want to know the deal you got?

I saw it today, little too much of the cheesy one liners, visual effects were great. Movie moved along quick, now that the origin is over it'll be interesting to see a sequel. 3 out of 4 stars

Agreed. The pacing was good and effects were great. The one liners...I could have done without a few of them. Yes! Can't wait to see what they do for a sequel. He's got quite a few characters that they could use in the sequel. Nightmare, Dormammu, Zom, Mordo, Clea, Morganna Blessing.. very happy with the outcome overall.

-J.

Was that one that was sold on the Boards?

If so, that was a nice looking copy. Congrats. :applause:

-J.

No this was an ebay auction. CDN seller as well (no import for me and cheaper shipping!). It was a cracked out CGC 4.0.