• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Duncanville Bookstore sales thread is now closed!!

32 posts in this topic

Welcome to Duncanville Bookstore's first sales thread!! I have been reading the boards for a while now and, with the encouragement of several board members, I have decided to start selling here as well. I am hoping this is the first of many sales threads to come.

Before I begin, a little history about me and the store since we have no feedback yet. My name is Andy McMahon and I am the owner of Duncanville Bookstore. The retail store has been in Duncanville, Texas (just south of Dallas) since 1968 and I bought my childhood bookstore from the original owners about 10 years ago. Our ebay id is Andymac2570 and we have over 9100+ positive feedbacks. We travel to number of shows across the country with the schedule expanding every year, so if you see us, please stop and say hello. We know several board members here and hopeful they will add to the thread and vouch for us.

As far as the technical portion of the show goes, all the normal rules apply:

Payment: We will accept Cash, Money Orders and personal checks. We will accept Paypal as long as the buyer pays the fees. Time payments will be accepted on all listings. In the store it is a 90 day layaway with a 25% deposit so that should work here as well.

Shipping: Buyers pay the exact shipping cost unless otherwise stated. We will ship out all orders within 24 hours of receiving payment and/or after payment clears. We will ship everything USPS Priority mail and everything will be securely packed. We have no problem shipping worldwide.

Offers: We will certainly listen to offers on anything we offer up for sale, so feel free to PM me. I will try and answer as quickly as possible but please understand that a :takeit: in the thread trumps any off-line negotiations.

We will do our best to stay within the rules but I am sure we will make mistakes so please bear with us. Let's get started.

I bought the books that are being offered tonight from another store here in Dallas. The store bought about 30 to 35 books from an original owner collection and, as payment for helping him, I had the chance to buy a handful of books. Stronguy posted some pics last night in another thread of what we got back from CGC so, if the books look familiar, those were my books. I assure you we have the books in hand and didn't swipe the pics! We will start posting scans and prices shortly.

Hey everyone! I finally convinced Andy that he would never find a more wretched hive of villainy and scum than here. He and I have been in cahoots for the past couple of years (but don't hold that against him) rooting out sweet books and distributing them to the masses. Andy is a 100% legit guy and has my full support. He gets the Stronguy Seal of Approval -- 4 Sumos, 2 Thumbs Up and 1 Hail Satan. :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hail: :devil:

These books are absolutely stunning and I'm glad he decided to bring them to market here first. You see... I hook up my people... that's how I roll. :thumbsup: